G19 and G26

gkeil961

Is there a huge difference in recoil, and what would be the better option for EDC, thanks for your suggestions

G26 is more concealable. It is my EDC. Other than then that the only difference IMO is the size. I shoot both and the both shoot straight and have the same recoil (if the same ammo is used.

I agree, the G26 is going to be more concealable. I have one myself and used it as my EDC.

Reverberating tones here. I too have had the G26 and it's clearly more concealable. Any increased felt recoil is due to two primary things: barrel length and grip size.

The subcompact barrel length means less weight on the muzzle-end of the pistol. Some wouldn't think that it makes a difference, but it does.

The grip size can be an instant turn-off for some folks. I can tell you honestly that I've helped put folks into the 26 that truly wanted one simply by adding the Pearce grip extender to the magazine. Trump that up by telling them there is a grip adapter that will allow you to use Glock 19 magazines for the increased grip and capacity and they're quickly sold. Either of those two additions will provide more felt/perceived control over the 26 and 27 platforms.

Why Glock hasn't started including those grip extensions just amazes me. Ruger figured that one out early on with the LCP and LC9.

I've got the 26 and a 19 and I enjoy both. The shorter grip make the 26 easier to conceal, but the 19 can be concealed depending on the clothes that you wear and the weather. I'm more likely to carry the 19 in the cooler months when I know that I'll have a jacket that won't be coming off. No matter which one of the Glock I carry the spare mag that I carry is for a Glock 17. Easy to grab and I know that the same mag will work in all three on my Glock (26, 19 and my 17). No worrys that I grabbed the wrong mag like grabbing the 17 and a 15 round mag for the 19. I've got two 17 round mags with the grip extention that makes them similar to a Glock 17 and they are ok, but I don't use them much. If I'm going to shoot one with that size grip, I'll just grab the 19 or the 17.

I personally feel that the difference between the recoils is negligible. Not enough of a difference to recomend one over the other. If your like me you will end up with both (or all three).

Last edited:
Reverberating tones here. I too have had the G26 and it's clearly more concealable. Any increased felt recoil is due to two primary things: barrel length and grip size.

The subcompact barrel length means less weight on the muzzle-end of the pistol. Some wouldn't think that it makes a difference, but it does.

The grip size can be an instant turn-off for some folks. I can tell you honestly that I've helped put folks into the 26 that truly wanted one simply by adding the Pearce grip extender to the magazine. Trump that up by telling them there is a grip adapter that will allow you to use Glock 19 magazines for the increased grip and capacity and they're quickly sold. Either of those two additions will provide more felt/perceived control over the 26 and 27 platforms.

Why Glock hasn't started including those grip extensions just amazes me. Ruger figured that one out early on with the LCP and LC9.

Honestly the grip issues with the 26 are really mental. I though I wouldn't like the short grip so I did get a +0 grip extension. After shooting the 26 for a while there is no difference in my performance with the extension. I wish I still had the factory base because the extension does portrude more than the flat bottom.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back