FWPD: Robber Targeting Women At Restaurants

HK4U

Thought I would post this as a reminder again why we should carry and perhaps especially women. All of the restaurants are very near to me and I have been in all three at least once. These are in high traffic areas so who ever is doing this is very brazen.

Link Removed

FWPD: Robber Targeting Women At Restaurants
Reporting
Katherine Blake FORT WORTH (CBS 11 News) ― Police are searching for an armed robber who is targeting women at restaurants in Southwest Fort Worth.

The latest robbery was Tuesday night at Snookie's on South Hulen.

Witnesses say the robber had been hanging out inside the restaurant. When he saw two women alone outside, he made his move.

"I couldn't believe it. I could not believe it," said Laurie Blumentritt. She says he and her friend were talking on Snookie's patio when the robber surprised them.

"At first we thought it was kind of a joke," said Blumentritt. "We looked at each other, 'Are you kidding us?'"

He showed them he was serious.

"He held a gun out and cocked it," Blumentritt said. "He's like, 'Yeah I'm serious. Give me your stuff!' And then he took off."

A similar attack happened Monday evening at the Chili's on South Hulen. The victims say a man was sitting on a boulder in front of the restaurant.

As the mother and daughter walked to their car, he ran up behind them and pulled out a gun.

The women say he kept his finger on the trigger as he told them to hand over their purses or he'd shoot them.

"It's scary for someone to actually come out here, you're not thinking. You're just with your family."

"He should be put behind bars," Blumentritt said.

A third robbery happened Tuesday night Razzoo's on Bryant Irvin. Police believe the same man likely committed all three. His description is not detailed enough to release.

(© MMVIII, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

I think it's good to carry "where ever it's legal to do so", but in these cases, the BG already has a gun out with finger on the trigger. :eek: it would be best to simply give him what he wants and let him go on his merry way. It's an EXTREMELY BAD idea to attempt to draw and fire upon someone who already has a gun pointed at you.

I would like to point out one more that this is an excellent example of why people should carry their concealed firearm on their person. Don't care if it's a man or woman, purse/fanny pack carry is not the best way to go.

gf

That is very disturbing. Unfortunately, in TN, we cannot carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol. We tried to change this earlier in the year, but our lovely Speaker shot it down. I carry everywhere I legally can, but it would do me no good in this situation. We can safely carry at Mcdonalds, just not anywhere serving alcohol. Makes perfect sense to me.

I think it's good to carry "where ever it's legal to do so", but in these cases, the BG already has a gun out with finger on the trigger. :eek: it would be best to simply give him what he wants and let him go on his merry way. It's an EXTREMELY BAD idea to attempt to draw and fire upon someone who already has a gun pointed at you.
I maintain a habit of constantly keeping an eye on everyone nearby in public, even grandmothers, children, people in store uniforms and animals (condition yellow). If approached by anyone who I don't personally know on a friendly basis (like most other people, I rarely get that type of encounter in public), I automatically and consistently go to orange and move my hand to a position where I can quickly draw, but without making obvious what's happening. Condition orange for anyone who moves takes away the need to make snap judgments as to whether someone is a harmless teenager or a teenage gangbanger.

Several times I've found myself with my hand underneath my shirt lightly gripping the butt of my P3AT (while still in the IWB), ready but not exposing the firearm, while refusing to give some homeless guy any beer money. Most recently, one of them glanced down after a couple of seconds, broke off his spiel, said something like, "Thanks, see you later!" and walked off. Maybe he picked up on a visual cue that I wasn't intending to send.

That is very disturbing. Unfortunately, in TN, we cannot carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol. We tried to change this earlier in the year, but our lovely Speaker shot it down. I carry everywhere I legally can, but it would do me no good in this situation. We can safely carry at Mcdonalds, just not anywhere serving alcohol. Makes perfect sense to me.
Well, I haven't studied any case law in this regard, but say you walk out of a restaurant that serves alcohol, and in the parking lot, are accosted and forced to use your firearm. Although logic would suggest you were carrying in the restaurant, you didn't draw until you got into the parking lot. Can you be charged with a crime?

Here in Texas you can carry in a restaurant that sells alcohol unless it has a "51" % sign posted that means it gets 51% or more of it's income from the sale of alcohol.

I would like to point out one more that this is an excellent example of why people should carry their concealed firearm on their person. Don't care if it's a man or woman, purse/fanny pack carry is not the best way to go.

gf

Well, yes, of course, I didn't mean to say that someone should draw and fire when a BG already has you in their sites in any situation or in any place or time. I could have elaborated but I didn't. I'll try for that next time. Thanks for the extra thoughts.

Well, I haven't studied any case law in this regard, but say you walk out of a restaurant that serves alcohol, and in the parking lot, are accosted and forced to use your firearm. Although logic would suggest you were carrying in the restaurant, you didn't draw until you got into the parking lot. Can you be charged with a crime?

I am pretty sure you would not be charged. I prefer, however, to follow the law and not carry where it is not legal. If nothing else, I do not want to risk losing my permit.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back