Fusion 62gr 223 vs Remington 62gr 223?

AndeyHall

I'm about to qualify with my AR as a patrol rifle, and our general orders says we're to carry "Remington 62 grain bonded soft point" ammo in our rifles. I can't find anything off the shelf with that exact name, but I have found some of that Hypersonic CoreLokt bonded soft point in 62gr. Is this the same thing? Also, if it is the same thing, I can only find it for around $26 a box. But Federal has the Fusion 62gr soft point ammo that seems like it would be the exact same thing and I've read it's excellent ammo. It's also about about $5-10 less a box. Would it be similar enough to inquire if I could substitute it for the Remington?

Seems like a question to ask you superiors, right?
They make the rules, they have the answers.
However, if they say "REMINGTON," then I would assume the box and cases have to say "REMINGTON."

Seems like a question to ask you superiors, right?
They make the rules, they have the answers.
However, if they say "REMINGTON," then I would assume the box and cases have to say "REMINGTON."
I did talk to the firearms instructor and he said the policy only pertains to ISSUED ammo. Only the SWAT team is issued ammo since they are the only ones to be issued patrol rifles. So if you qualify with your own person patrol rifle, they only care that it's quality ammo and that it's a 62gr soft-point.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back