Funny story about a rabbit

Cooter

Liberty or Death
Last summer, my friends and I went camping alot. At night, my buddy thought he heard a sound in the bushes. He grabbed my Ruger 10/22 and a flashlight to go inspect the bush. He thought it was a mouse or something. He's a pretty jumpy fella, and he really doesn't like the woods at night. Suddenly he drops the flashlight and lets out the girliest scream I've ever heard.
I stand up and draw my .44 mag, thinking a bear or cougar was attacking him or something. He tells me a rabbit was sitting there, and the glow from his eyes scared him. We just about died laughing at him.
"Why didn't you shoot it?" we asked. He said he froze up and the rabbit ran away. I just wished I had been the one to see it. In parts of Oregon, where I live, there are so many rabbits, it's actually a problem. And I, having my hunting license, would have liked the opportunity.
A couple of weeks past, and we were back at the camping spot again. It was night, and I walked down a trail to take a leak. When I saw a rabbits eyes glowing in the light from my flashlight. I pulled my .44 mag and without hesitation, put it down clean with a shot through the shoulder, and into it's chest. I skinned the rabbit and fried up the meat.
Next day we got back to town, and I gave a foot to my friend, and jokingly told him,
"This is a testament to show that no creature in the woods will scare my friends and get away with it. No matter how scary and ferocious it is."
I hung the pelt on my wall, and I think about that every time I look at it.

I pulled my .44 mag and without hesitation, put it down clean with a shot through the shoulder, and into it's chest.

I'm glad you hit the rabbit in an area where you still had something left to fry up! If it were me, I'd probably only have the feet left to give to my friend. :icon_wink:

When I saw a rabbits eyes glowing in the light from my flashlight. I pulled my .44 mag and without hesitation, put it down clean with a shot through the shoulder, and into it's chest. I skinned the rabbit and fried up the meat.

Kind of like that old South Park episode where they go hunting with machine guns....IT'S COMING RIGHT AT US!!!!!

But shooting a .44 at a rabbit? Seems like a little overkill. Was it anything like this guy?

Apparently we share the same friend!!!

Once while out camping it was late and we had to make our way out to get a few more pieces of wood to feed the fire.

On the trip back my friend ( who is also a little skiddish )
Lets out a scream that would curl your hair and hurls the hand axe he is carring into the darkness.

We were like " What in the hell was that? "

he replyed that there was " Something " Is in the bushes.

My Responce was " Rock head now we have to go find the Hatchet. "

Armed with Flashlight in hand and nerves of steal.

Pearing through the scarry bushes I catch a glint of steal and head in to retrieve the Hatchet.
Laying there beside the hatchet to my amazment is a completly Decapitated Partridge ( Ruffled Grouse )

Yep he screamed like a little girl....Hurled a Hatchet Side arm at full power..... And killed dinner...

He has yet to live it down....

LMAO.
That's awesome. Screams like a girl, but blindly decapitates the enemy. lol

Kinda like "Vern" in the movie Stand By Me when he is holding the 45 and jumps at every sound that comes from the woods..I guess there really are people like that eh?

Kind of like that old South Park episode where they go hunting with machine guns....IT'S COMING RIGHT AT US!!!!!

But shooting a .44 at a rabbit? Seems like a little overkill. Was it anything like this guy?

I think Ive seen that episode, they couldnt shoot the animal unless it was charging them so everytime they saw a animal even rabbits they would say

"IT'S COMMING RIGHT AT US"!!!! LoL

In 03 just back from Iraq took my son camping in Yosemite. Had a great time avoided most of the crowds by sticking to the high country. One night we are all settled in just gone to bed when next door they start to get loud and obnoxious. They build the biggest fire the can then run out of wood. Then they begin to forage for more wood and then decide to come walking pretty as you please through my camp. The next thing they heard was the slide going home on my 45. Then," DON'T SHOOT! We're unarmed!" This was said in, I sh*t you not, a very loud voice with an IRISH accent! Well, I said, then stay the hell out of my camp and keep it down I'm trying to sleep.

I know not as funny as the bunny but the part about the drunks with the Irish accent got me.

both are great stories. nice shot at the rabbit. and funny south park episode.. I think that is the same one where the uncle gives all the kids a shotgun and a beer... then cartmen the fat kid gets pissed at kyle or something and screams "I'll blow your freaking head off" then chambers a round in the shotgun and points it right at kyle.. then the uncle says "now look out son that's dangerous.... you're gonna spill your beer"! just about wet myself laughing

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back