Funeral in Oregon turns nasty

festus

God Bless Our Troops!!!
FOXNEWS.COM HOME > U.S.
Gunfire Erupts at Oregon Funeral, Injuring 1

Saturday, December 13, 2008

PORTLAND, Oregon — Gunfire erupted during a funeral service at a church in Portland, Oregon, on Friday, gravely wounding a 31-year-old man with a history of gang activity and sending mourners fleeing.

Sgt. Brian Schmautz of the Portland police said the wounded man, Darshawn Lavone Cross, had a criminal history of gang-related activity.

Although the neighborhood on the northern side of the city has been gentrifying in recent years, it has in the past been the scene of gang activity.

Schmautz said the shooter was still on the loose.

The shooting happened shortly after noon at the New Hope Missionary Baptist Church, where a funeral was being held for an elderly woman, Schmautz said. He said he did not know of any connections or relationship among her, the victim and the shooter.

Its hard for me to get upset when a punk kills a punk.

And remember what CRIPS stands for: Cowards Run In PackS

Its hard for me to get upset when a punk kills a punk.

And remember what CRIPS stands for: Cowards Run In PackS

The bad part is that most of them are such bad shots and have no regard for anyone else that often inocent people get hurt or killed.

I can think of one good way to get rid of the gang problem.......... treat them all as enemy combatants and declare open season on them all. It sounds kinda crazy until you think about it, they have already declared war on us. Gangs are just another version of terrorists and should be dealt with accordingly.

I wonder if it would be "cool" then.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, gangbangers don't care where they are or who might be around many times when they participate in criminal activity. My guess is that he felt someone "disrespected" him; after all, in most ghettos, respect (or lack thereof) is something to kill for.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back