Fun CC carry story- stopped by cop

croute

I got in a fight with my wife, got in the car and just drove. I'm in Michigan and ended up past Sandusky, OH. Was pulled over by a cop at around 1am. After letting him know I was carrying, the conversation went like this: Cop: "Where are you going tonight?" Me: "Nowhere." Cop: "Where are you coming from?" Me: "Michigan." Cop: "Why are you all the way down here?" Me: "I don't know." Cop: "Where are you going now?" Me: "Back to Michigan." Cop: "Have you been drinking?" Me: "Nope." Cop: "So let me get this straight, you came from Michigan, all the way down here, but you didn't drive here for a reason and now you're going back?" Me: "Correct." I think I scared the begeeses out of him, because he walked slowly backwards to his cruiser. Had his hand on his gun as he came back to the car to give me a ticket.

Perhaps, if you had let him know a little bit more; like you were driving around to clear your head after an argument with you wonderful wife he may have let you off with just a warning.

There isn't a married cop out there who can't relate to the need to get some fresh air now & again.

I'm sure the cop would of understood if you just said what was wrong instead of being so brief I probably would of had my hand on my gun myself

Next time, lock up your gun and just go to the bar. Take a cab when the bar closes.

j8jvcy_th.jpg

I was stopped for speeding. Actually wasn't paying attention to the speedometer. I have a friend from Ohio, says it's "mandatory" for the cops there to issue a ticket. Don't know if that's true, but if it is, it wouldn't have mattered what I said. Yea, being a little more open would have helped the cop understand, but I really hate talking to authorities with anything more than short answers.

I'm sure the cop would of understood if you just said what was wrong instead of being so brief I probably would of had my hand on my gun myself

1 AM and that story??? Granted you may feel you have reasons and justified, but he does not know that and does not sound like you shared too much.

I agree with other posts...I'd bet he was likely to let you off, or at most a WARNING, had you shared more of your issue...as married folks we can all relate.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back