full sized handguns for concealed carry

so much of what i have read indicates that....with the improvements in ammo that have been made in the last few years....it is not necessarily the size of the gun or the round that you carry....but rather the level of your training and practice with the gun and your ability to execute a well placed shot when necessary....lets be honest here.....if you place a shot or 2 from a 380 into a bad guy, in center chest or better yet, his head....he will no longer be a threat to you....if you don't train/practice...carrying a Dirty Harry gun is not going to help you if you can't hit your target

but rather the level of your training and practice with the gun and your ability to execute a well placed shot when necessary

+1 on that TANK. I would add that you should go for what you're comfortable with and carry the largest you're able to. Size doesn't matter if the round is well placed. Size does matter if your off target due to stress and adrenaline.

While I agree that shot placement is king, I also understand that most people shoot a full size handgun more accurately, with faster follow-up shots than they do a small pistol. This doubly true under stress. Whatever one carries, he should train with it as much as possible.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back