Fuel is now 3.59 9/10 per Gal

It seems like a huge increase but it's really not that big; I heard recently that the average American pays $700 extra per year to fund recent increases in gas prices. In most cases, if people gave up something they don't need anyway - like coffee or cable - that would almost pay for it. If you got a real estate license and sold one house a year, that would probably cover most of the annual gasoline for a medium-sized car.

I was papying more than $700 a MONTH in gasoline back when it was $2.95 a gallon.Sure we could give up something.We can get a smaller vehicle.But that is not the point.The point is that we are being ripped off,not by the gas stations,but by the oil companies.I did get a smaller vehicle,a motorcycle.But I didn't stop thinking that it is wrong.Now figure in EVERYTHING ELSE that has gone through the roof because of fuel prices.Remember, nearly everything you buy ccomes in by plane,truck,or ship.They have to pay for that fuel somehow.So the price of goods goes up.Even if you walk everywhere,you are still getting ripped off.

:angry03:

The point is that we are being ripped off,not by the gas stations,but by the oil companies.
Maybe we are...but as a play to that sentiment, I now hear presidential candidates talking about revenue caps for the oil companies. The concern of business is to make money, not necessarily to make sure everyone is getting a good deal. Without significant competition, they can yank people around to a certain extent. Capitalism is great, but it's not all sunshine and roses either.

Over time, serious competition in one form or another will necessarily emerge because of demand and pricing issues. However, that will only happen in an optimal way if there is no law against making money.

Over time, serious competition in one form or another will necessarily emerge because of demand and pricing issues. However, that will only happen in an optimal way if there is no law against making money.

^Agreed^ Market controls have never worked. We could have a low, affordable price with no supply. At least at today's current high price I am able to find gas for sale.

^Agreed^ Market controls have never worked. We could have a low, affordable price with no supply. At least at today's current high price I am able to find gas for sale.
Not only that...if the government hadn't subsidized the oil industry for decades, the market would be able to adapt even faster. At this time, energy markets are changing just as fast as they can, keeping in mind that the whole thing is already overburdened with so much stupid red tape. Part of the reason that we started out with corn-based ethanol is because of the farm bill. Well, now farmers aren't really doing any better, because their subscription seed comes from Monsanto with a EULA attached to it. We're not producing ethanol in an efficient way...farmers aren't making money...no one is saving on ethanol additives...people around the world are starving because of high grain prices...it's a lose-lose situation! Isn't government just awesome?

Last edited:
On the news this morning they said the average per gallon was up 17 cents this past week. Many areas will be over $4.00 by June according to the report and in Chicago it already is. I guess right now the sky is the liimit. Gee I miss the days of my youth when I could get it for 17-20 cents a gallon.

Brazil has made the change and is no longer held hostage to oil companys,It has made sugar cane it's fuel of choise. Oil from hemp is also a good product. We just have to look. Doctor Who
(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.
(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.
(C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.
Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health Human Services.

Facts about Gun Owners

A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000. (Yes, that's 80 million)
(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500.
(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .000188.
Statistics courtesy of FBI

So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

Remember, 'Guns don't kill people, doctors do!'

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!

Out of concern for the public at large, I withheld the statistics on lawyers for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back