From WI to FL

Thanks for all the feed back everyone!

Seems like some say its ok and others say its not.. I know I cant legally carry in FL but If I am in FL and heading to my destination (with firearm in a locked case not loaded) and then leave my firearm in my rental home I am assuming I will be ok. With all the crazy stuff I hear happening in FL like face eating freaks, escaping prisoners and baby killers I would love to have it with me at all times but also want to be legal so I think its best I call FL state police and find out from them. Thanks again everyone for all your info!

I must apologize. I just read you are going to your rental home. Are renting this for a vacation, or is this something you have year round? This would change to whether it is actually your home.

According to 18 USC 926, since you are allowed safe passage to a place you are allowed to carry, if this is your home, then you are allowed to have safe passage to it.

I personally never ask LEO's for legal advice. I'm a Deputy Sheriff in our Reserve Division and cops don't agree on much when it comes to the law. Most have not read it. A lawyer is the person you want to talk to. If you cannot carry in FL, I personally would not drive around with it. You are asking for trouble in case you get pulled over.

Have fun on your trip.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back