From a VA resident: Why live in MD?

Pele

VA State CCW Holder!
I'm just curious as to why anyone would want to live in Maryland.

I live in Virginia and work throughout the Washington D.C. metro area including Montgomery and PG counties, the District itself, and Fairfax County, Virginia...

I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would want to live in such a gun unfriendly place with higher crime and higher taxes.

I live in Virginia and work throughout the Washington D.C. metro area including Montgomery and PG counties, the District itself, and Fairfax County, Virginia...

I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would want to live in such a gun unfriendly place with higher crime and higher taxes.

When I moved to Nevada from Maryland, I re-discovered my rights for arms. and how bad MD was.

I fear that something is going to happen like Mumbai real soon in Baltimore or DC. Why? Because law abiding citizens are not allowed to open carry, or CCW (unless you know someone or have been threatened with violence). Maryland and DC are "Free Killing Zones"!

Anyway, I just moved back to take a new position in Virginia, and Virginia it is for me! Open carry, CCW, and with the CCW, no wait for purchases. Not quite as good as Nevada, but close!

So, I too do not know how law abiding gun owners could live in Maryland.

Bump.

Waiting for a couple masochists to gimmie some examples of why MD is such a great place.
I personally hate the place.

I live in Maryland and I gotta agree with you.

Probably the only reason I put up with this state is because I do have a permit.

Sad thing is the permit is issued by the Maryland State Police who are of the opinion that no one deserves a permit for any reason. Plus the same guys who do the background investigation on you, issue the permit and make the rules are afraid to let you carry a concealed weapon into any State Police Baracks or office even after they have determined you are sane enough to carry concealed and are no threat to the the public. Evidently they consider you a threat to them.

Pretty sad. Then again it is a Democratic State.

But what makes it actually a GOOD IDEA to live there?
What are the pros of living in Maryland?

So there are no good reasons to live there...

I figured as much. But it's funny, I have friends that live there that are pro gun and are pretty well conservative.
They live there and they can't give me any good reasons to live there either.

Sorry about being a little late in answering your question, but there might just be one good reason for living in Maryland - it is a class 3 legal state. However, there are quite a few other class 3 states in the US. But, I suppose in the case of living in one of the states that isn't class 3, Maryland might be a half-decent place to live IF you want a machine gun. That's all.

So there are no good reasons to live there...

I figured as much. But it's funny, I have friends that live there that are pro gun and are pretty well conservative.
They live there and they can't give me any good reasons to live there either.

Thats funny because, I feel the same way about living in VA. I've lived in Maryland for 30yrs and I love it here. We both could go all day about which is better and at the end of the day it's all opinions. VA has better gun laws??? Sure they do , but I wouldn't want to live there. Just my 2 cents.

Grew up in Silver Spring -- 30 years ago. Why live in Md? Used to be for the crabs, but can get em fresh anywhere now. Maybe you should live there if you're a masochist?:cray:

I saw a sign in a Five Guys in Baltimore that I thought I would share.
One customer wrote
"Id Kill for a Five Guys Burger"
Another one wrote beneath it
"I did! Welcome to maryland"

Just kinda funny. Grew up in Centreville/Clifton/Springfield Va, and am now a CRJS Student at ODU in Norfolk VA. Carry every day, except to class bc ODU doesnt allow it.:mad:

Thats funny because, I feel the same way about living in VA. I've lived in Maryland for 30yrs and I love it here. We both could go all day about which is better and at the end of the day it's all opinions. VA has better gun laws??? Sure they do , but I wouldn't want to live there. Just my 2 cents.

See, I always ask my buddies who hate Virginia why? They always cite the traffic laws.

I drive 90+ on the local highways and haven't gotten a ticket in 5 years in my county or surrounding counties.
Got four in one stop a couple years back in Prince Georges County. Totaled $600... All in one stop (Reduced to $125 in court. Cop was just making numbers up for the fine amounts on the side of the road.)

So question: Why wouldn't you like to live in Virginia?

Maryland of 40 years ago was much different, more ag, more common sense, better judgement. Now the liberals have out procreated the rest of us and are able to drive many of the legal fronts. Most other socialiat regimes dont like armed ctizenry either.

you know everyone has to live somewhere. Grew up living in central maryland because my dad worked in baltimore. i am very pro gun and have exposed my four son's to the safe use of firearms and hunting starting at a very early age. they all live in maryland and own numerous handguns and long guns. My point is we like living in annapolis and though pro-gun not leaving the state for Virginia just because. I would prefer to work to fix the problem then retreat from it.

I have lived in Maryland all my life. And I'm 33. Since my son was born and friends and my family. This state is and has been a joke for years. That's why my family have a camper in VA and are there every weekend. And thank the good lord that my wife is from Louisiana and cousins in Texas. I have a 5 year plan. Once my son is out of Elemantary school. I am out like a fat kid in dodgeball.

OK, I am waiting to be pounced on like a red-headed step-child..... I have lived in Maryland for over 50 years. I have a successful business in Maryland and a wonderful home in Annapolis. I am an avid firearm owner, collector, hunter and competitive shooter. I have family here, my four son's grew up here and are all successful and also share my enjoyment of firearms. I hold two conceal carry permits, just not one from Maryland, yet. I can live with that. I have a second home in Delaware where I do carry. I can appreciate everyone's opinion about how Maryland is not a gun friendly state but i live with it for all the other reasons we enjoy our life here in Maryland.

To be honest this is the only place I've really called home, I went to school here all my life and am in college here now as well, all my friends are here. Yes the carry permit does suck in not having one and I hope that does change but until then. The easiest way to legally carry without knowing someone or being a victim is work part time for an armed security company long enough to get a PI license to get concealed carry and go about things that way and just find what loop holes you can.

Oh my goodness! I also work in that area of DC and VA just read it ranks #1 worst place to drive. You really have answered your own question. One of the wonderful things about being an American is we can live any place we like. But slow down there Pistol Pele...you like brown I like green....ain't it great?

To be honest this is the only place I've really called home, I went to school here all my life and am in college here now as well, all my friends are here. Yes the carry permit does suck in not having one and I hope that does change but until then. The easiest way to legally carry without knowing someone or being a victim is work part time for an armed security company long enough to get a PI license to get concealed carry and go about things that way and just find what loop holes you can.

Start by securing your Utah or Florida non resident CCP. Information is found at the top of the page. After that look into professional trainer, costly but VERY helpful in MD. PM me if needed.

Well, I feel the sentiment however I would have a problem at my age uprooting myself from my home just cause the State changes into an Illinois or Kalifornia. I would like to think I would but, who knows. I talk big but now, as my Buddy Bro, Clint Eastwood has stated in a movie, A man has to know his limitations. Being a retarded pubic savant, I am POOR. So, guess I will see.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back