Free to the public ranges

Jeremyjruby

I am looking around NW Iowa for free public ranges. There is a nice range in Correctionville IA that I use most often, but I'm wondering if there are other opportunities out there that I can take advantage of in my travels. Thanks to all those who contribute!

I noticed that many of the counties had ranges set up for use but now have closed them because of trashing and vandalizing them. But check the counties around you and see if they have a range set up. Where I am at we have one county within 35 miles to use after going through their range course. But there are several around and most are for Skeet only. That is a bummer.

The one in Correctionville has reopened. It now cost a very small fee. Check the Woodbury County parks web site. It's like 5.00 a day but there is another options. I just can't remember all the details.

There are other ranges like just North of Oyens on K64. West side of the road.

Thanks for the info.

The one in Correctionville has reopened. It now cost a very small fee. Check the Woodbury County parks web site. It's like 5.00 a day but there is another options. I just can't remember all the details.

There are other ranges like just North of Oyens on K64. West side of the road.

Thanks for the info I would like to try to get to those before someone screws it up for the rest of us.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back