Four shot at Doctors Hospital; Two dead

KimberPB

Sounds like the plain clothed officer was able to stop the attack before he was able to do more damage!
Link Removed

COLUMBUS, Ga. (WTVM) - News Leader Nine has learned that shots were fired at Doctors Hospital -- two people are dead. The shooting occurred inside the parking deck on the hospital's campus just of Hamilton Road.

Columbus Police Chief tells News Leader 9, that four people were shot. Of the four- two people are dead, and another victim is in critical condition.

The suspect was one of the four wounded; he was shot by a plain clothes officer, and is being treated at the Medical Center in Columbus. The identity of that person has not been released.

Witnesses say the suspect's mother died this morning, and he came back to the hospital with a gun.

News Leader 9 talked to a woman, whose sister works as a nurse on the fifth floor of the hospital. Maggie Simpson recounts the scene inside the hospital: "The guy kept following her around, she asked is there anything I can help you with, and he said no, turned around and shot her friend. She took off running. All she could hear was shots. She came back to see if he was still shooting. They called security. Security was running to help. One of the guys rounded the corner; he turned around, shot him in the head."

The parking lot of Doctor's Hospital is under lockdown. About a dozen officers secured the area. Investigators have set up a mobile command center and the GBI is on the scene.

No one is allowed to leave the hospital grounds at this time. The hospital tells News Leader 9 that no one inside the hospital was injured.

Doctors Hospital has set up a phone line for people concerned about family members. That number is 706-494-4057.

Stay with News Leader Nine and WTVM.com as we continue to bring you the latest on this developing story.

Shooting

I am certainly glad the plain clothes officer was there. Let me guess, this was a gun free zone.

Don't know about there but in Texas Hospitals are gun free if the hospital post signs. The shooter may not have know it was gun free. Very sad.

This scares the cra* out of me. I work in a hospital in MO and here all hospitals are "gun free." I'm not sure about other hospitals in the state, but our "security" officers are not allowed to carry OC spray, let alone a firearm. I sure feel safe. Actually, I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often. In the ER, we're constantly getting threatened by drunks, narcotic seekers, etc. :sad:

I recently applied for a job at our local hospital. In TN hospitals are not gun free zones, but many are posted no carry. If posted this carries weight of the law like any other gun free zone. Our hospital is posted. I choose not to take the job.

This scares the cra* out of me. I work in a hospital in MO and here all hospitals are "gun free." I'm not sure about other hospitals in the state, but our "security" officers are not allowed to carry OC spray, let alone a firearm.
What can they carry? Q-tips? Sounds like they're mostly meant to be cannon fodder.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back