Found A Cure For Stupid

NCIC105

This idiot found a cure for his stupidity.

A 25-year-old South Carolina man who put on a bullet-proof vest and asked to be shot was killed Wednesday morning.

Link Removed

Saw it, read it, laughed. Darwin's Theory is alive and well of culling dumber species out. I felt bad for the girl that pulled the trigger, but...... again dumb on her part as well. Of course this will add to the stats that "Hand Guns Kill" by the Left. Yea, ya think!

The shooting was reported on Broadmouth Church Road at 2:40 a.m., according to Sheila Cole with the Anderson County Sheriff's Office.
2:40 a.m. Hmmm. How much you want to bet alcohol was involved too?

Young people who place themselves senselessly in harms way has always given me pause. When I see some of the things kids do for a thrill, it amazes me that we have any young people with which to sustain future generations. Understandably more kids DON'T do stupid stuff and for that I am thankful. But this incident is really no different than any other stupid act that seems acceptable by the youth of today, except it involves a firearm, a devise designed to do exactly what it did, kill. Just because a gun was used and we all know guns kill we attack someone we don't know for doing something we would consider fatal.
~
I found the story sparse on details of the incident and even less about the individual. Are we so callus that we are willing to make light of young man's indiscretion that cost him his life and is going to ruin the life of the young girl who showed even less sense for pulling the trigger. I have no doubt that either alcohol and/or drugs were involved clouding the judgment of all involved leaving a lasting imprint on their minds which they will suffer with the rest of their lives.
~
I am not a prude nor am I devoid of humor, I do however realize that we live in a cruel world that will deal with us all if we are not willing to think rationally before we act senselessly.
~
My heart goes out to the father, who has to live with the knowledge that his son placed himself in a position that got himself killed.
~
Devils advocate: was the young man, under the influence goaded or dared to don the vest and take a shot. Was it not his idea, was he lead astray by other influences, was he the weak one in this group that was picked on by the others. Was he a hanger on trying to be part of the group willing to do what ever to be accepted. I find there is TOO little information regarding this incident for any of us to be taking cheap shots an this young man for not walking away.
~
I mean no disrespect to any of those who have posted, I am just disappointed.

It turns out that it was not the girl that killed the guy. It was a friend who was a felon and had no business with a gun. The girl just took the blame because of that. Doesn't make it any less stupid.

Devils advocate: was the young man, under the influence goaded or dared to don the vest and take a shot. Was it not his idea, was he lead astray by other influences, was he the weak one in this group that was picked on by the others. Was he a hanger on trying to be part of the group willing to do what ever to be accepted. I find there is TOO little information regarding this incident for any of us to be taking cheap shots an this young man for not walking away.
My guess is he just thought she was a better shot.

Young people who place themselves senselessly in harms way has always given me pause. When I see some of the things kids do for a thrill, it amazes me that we have any young people with which to sustain future generations. Understandably more kids DON'T do stupid stuff and for that I am thankful. But this incident is really no different than any other stupid act that seems acceptable by the youth of today, except it involves a firearm, a devise designed to do exactly what it did, kill. Just because a gun was used and we all know guns kill we attack someone we don't know for doing something we would consider fatal.
~
I found the story sparse on details of the incident and even less about the individual. Are we so callus that we are willing to make light of young man's indiscretion that cost him his life and is going to ruin the life of the young girl who showed even less sense for pulling the trigger. I have no doubt that either alcohol and/or drugs were involved clouding the judgment of all involved leaving a lasting imprint on their minds which they will suffer with the rest of their lives.
~
I am not a prude nor am I devoid of humor, I do however realize that we live in a cruel world that will deal with us all if we are not willing to think rationally before we act senselessly.
~
My heart goes out to the father, who has to live with the knowledge that his son placed himself in a position that got himself killed.
~
~
I mean no disrespect to any of those who have posted, I am just disappointed.

I can see your point, and you have valid, thoughtful and sensitive observations. We are indeed surrounded and via modern media bombarded by senseless tragedy, misfortune, and death. Humor can be cruel, and it can also serve as a filter, barrier, and coping mechanism. I confess having used it regularly in my career as a trauma nurse in the emergency department and ICU. This young man was 25 years old with a third of his normal life expectancy behind him and well enough past his hormone crazed teen years that there should have been some inkling that asking someone to shoot you for any reason and under any circumstance can't have a good outcome. A tragedy for the dead and the living, and yet an act of such profound stupidity that some amount of sarcasm and black humor is to be expected. That we have posts expressing empathy and compassion as well as sarcasm and humor I believe demonstrates a healthy and enjoyable forum of gun lovers, who while sometimes opinionated and cranky (I'm referring to myself of course) make for a fun and informative gathering spot.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back