Fnx 9mm

Graylon

I'm a huge fan of FN weapons, from the quality of the build and all the bells and whistles that come with them. I know there are a lot of 9mm to compare this weapon and I would love to know the opinions and pro's and con's of people who have shot this weapon and know about others.

The FNS version of the 9mm is a strikerfire gun. I'm more of a SA/DA guy. I love the fact that I can carry cooked and locked. But the Fns is cheaper. I'm very opened to a strikerfire weapon. When I finally save up enough to buy the one I want right now I'm more so leaning towards the FNX 9mm. Please give your thoughts on other handguns of good quality such as glocks, rugars, taurus, sig ect.. anything you can think that may change my mind about what I want to buy. Thanks..

Please give your thoughts on other handguns of good quality such as glocks, rugars, taurus, sig ect.. anything you can think that may change my mind about what I want to buy.

You are opening a big can of worms here. There are many good handguns that are comparable to the 9mm FNX or FNS. I have settled for Glocks, specifically for the 9mm Glock 19 and the 9mm Glock 26. Glocks generally have the best capacity/weight and capacity/size ratios, a low bore axis that results in less snappy recoil, easy maintainability due to a low number of parts and a clever design, and maximum customizability. The only negative things that the gun has are a blocky design, some don't agree with the grip angle, and some don't like the trigger. Specifically, the trigger can be fixed with aftermarket parts, e.g., the Ghost Evo Elite trigger connector eliminates the well known Glock trigger bump. Note that many (but not all) Glock parts are interchangeable as the 9mm, .40 S&W, and .357 Sig variants use the same frame and the .45 ACP and 10mm variants share the same frame. Glock magazines are interchangeable within the same caliber guns, such as a 17-round 9mm Glock 17 magazine can be used in the 15-round 9mm Glock 19 and the 10/12-round 9mm Glock 26. There is also that 33-round 9mm magazine for the full-auto Glock 18 that fits in any other 9mm Glock.

Other options are S&W M&P 9 or 9c, Ruger SR9 or 9c, Walther PPQ M2 or PPX, Sig Sauer P229 or 250, Beretta Px4 Storm, H&K VP9, CZ 75 B, and so on. There are a few 1911-style pistols chambered in 9mm, such as the Springfield Range Officer 9mm. It is rumored that S&W is coming out with a Glock 19 sized M&P pistol in 9mm.

You are opening a big can of worms here. There are many good handguns that are comparable to the 9mm FNX or FNS. I have settled for Glocks, specifically for the 9mm Glock 19 and the 9mm Glock 26. Glocks generally have the best capacity/weight and capacity/size ratios, a low bore axis that results in less snappy recoil, easy maintainability due to a low number of parts and a clever design, and maximum customizability. The only negative things that the gun has are a blocky design, some don't agree with the grip angle, and some don't like the trigger. Specifically, the trigger can be fixed with aftermarket parts, e.g., the Ghost Evo Elite trigger connector eliminates the well known Glock trigger bump. Note that many (but not all) Glock parts are interchangeable as the 9mm, .40 S&W, and .357 Sig variants use the same frame and the .45 ACP and 10mm variants share the same frame. Glock magazines are interchangeable within the same caliber guns, such as a 17-round 9mm Glock 17 magazine can be used in the 15-round 9mm Glock 19 and the 10/12-round 9mm Glock 26. There is also that 33-round 9mm magazine for the full-auto Glock 18 that fits in any other 9mm Glock.

Other options are S&W M&P 9 or 9c, Ruger SR9 or 9c, Walther PPQ M2 or PPX, Sig Sauer P229 or 250, Beretta Px4 Storm, H&K VP9, CZ 75 B, and so on. There are a few 1911-style pistols chambered in 9mm, such as the Springfield Range Officer 9mm. It is rumored that S&W is coming out with a Glock 19 sized M&P pistol in 9mm.

I have never researched glocks like I have fn handguns... but from you saying all of the mags are interchangeable in same caliber I may warm up to striker fire pistols. I didn't know that about glocks. So many goodies out there... but I'm open for suggestions because I love hearing different point of views

I have never researched glocks like I have fn handguns... but from you saying all of the mags are interchangeable in same caliber I may warm up to striker fire pistols. I didn't know that about glocks. So many goodies out there... but I'm open for suggestions because I love hearing different point of views

A good overview can be found at GLOCK PISTOLS and especially at Full Line of Pistols | GLOCK USA, as the model numbers can be confusing.

There are Glock fans and haters. The most interesting part about Glocks is how easy it is to customize, upgrade or replace parts. See GlockStore, Glockmeister, Lone Wolf Distributors, and Link Removed. The negative side is that people tend to go overboard with that.

A good overview can be found at GLOCK PISTOLS and especially at Full Line of Pistols | GLOCK USA, as the model numbers can be confusing.

There are Glock fans and haters. The most interesting part about Glocks is how easy it is to customize, upgrade or replace parts. See GlockStore, Glockmeister, Lone Wolf Distributors, and Link Removed. The negative side is that people tend to go overboard with that.

Are the mags interchangeable from each generation... If I had a Glock 19 gen 3 could use the mag in a gen 4 glock 17 or even a Glock 19 gen 4....

I guess in simpler terms I'm asking are mags interchangeable from different generations?

Are the mags interchangeable from each generation... If I had a Glock 19 gen 3 could use the mag in a gen 4 glock 17 or even a Glock 19 gen 4....

I guess in simpler terms I'm asking are mags interchangeable from different generations?

Yes, Gen 4 mags are only needed when using the Gen 4 capability of switching the mag release to the other side. The Gen 4 mag release is ambidextrous, the Gen 1-3 mag release is not. Gen 4 mags can be used in Gen 3 Glocks and the other way around.

When looking at Gen 4 vs. Gen 3, most overlook that Gen 4 Glocks come new with 3 mags, while Gen 3 Glocks come new only with 2. If you qualify for the Glock Blue Label Program, then you would be able to get the Gen 3 Glocks with 3 mags as well.

Yes, Gen 4 mags are only needed when using the Gen 4 capability of switching the mag release to the other side. The Gen 4 mag release is ambidextrous, the Gen 1-3 mag release is not. Gen 4 mags can be used in Gen 3 Glocks and the other way around.

When looking at Gen 4 vs. Gen 3, most overlook that Gen 4 Glocks come new with 3 mags, while Gen 3 Glocks come new only with 2. If you qualify for the Glock Blue Label Program, then you would be able to get the Gen 3 Glocks with 3 mags as well.

The blue label program applies to me... thanks man

I would stay with your first choice in the FNH FNX they are really great guns but sadly they tend to get overlooked in market dominated by glocks and M&P's

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back