FN Five-Seven

B2Tall

Stirrer of the Pot
Anybody else have a chance to shoot one of these things?? Today I shot my friend's for the 2nd time. What a fantastic pistol. I have nothing negative to say about it. It's accurate even when you're blazing away, recoil isn't much worse than a .22LR, and that 5.7x28 round is wicked. It's easy to get tight groups even at 50 yds. This thing might be the ultimate SHTF pistol.

Pitty ammo is relatively scarce, though. I have not had a chance to try it myself but read a number of very positive reviews and got quite interested. Something new like this does not come along all that often.

I have found ammo in a bundance here at the Sportsman's warehouse in Chattanooga TN. around 20 bucks for 50 rounds, better than what iam finding it online. they had about 2000 to 3000 round in stock last week.

Pitty ammo is relatively scarce, though. I have not had a chance to try it myself but read a number of very positive reviews and got quite interested. Something new like this does not come along all that often.

My firend has no problem getting ammo for it down here in S. Florida. I've even seen quite a bit of it at Bass Pro Shops/Outdoor World.

Back to the pistol......it's almost like a one-handed AR-15. 2,000 fps from a handgun is crazy. And I still can't get over how slight the recoil is. Gotta start saving my pennies......

five seven

I own a five-seven and love it. No recoil and the 20 round mag is very nice and doesn't add much weight. I also own the five-seven AR-15 upper and that also is a must have if you like five-seven products.

Anybody else have a chance to shoot one of these things?? Today I shot my friend's for the 2nd time. What a fantastic pistol. I have nothing negative to say about it. It's accurate even when you're blazing away, recoil isn't much worse than a .22LR, and that 5.7x28 round is wicked. It's easy to get tight groups even at 50 yds. This thing might be the ultimate SHTF pistol.

I have one. I love it. My every day carry gun, and it is great at the range. I am not as good as lot of other people when it comes to long range accuracy, but I am not bad. Some people got good groupings at 100 yards. It was the first gun I ever bought, and I love it. It is out at a gunsmith to improve it. It is loud, and the muzzle flash is very bright, but it is a great gun. Almost no recoil, and it is quite light even though it holds 20 rounds.

Ammo is no longer scarce. It is readily available online at places like ammo to go, and other places. SS197 goes for around $20 per box of 50 while SS195 is a bit more. If you buy in bulk, you can get the price down even more.

My firend has no problem getting ammo for it down here in S. Florida. I've even seen quite a bit of it at Bass Pro Shops/Outdoor World.

Back to the pistol......it's almost like a one-handed AR-15. 2,000 fps from a handgun is crazy. And I still can't get over how slight the recoil is. Gotta start saving my pennies......

Probably a bad idea to tell you about the AR57... That is what I am saving money for.

I own a five-seven and love it. No recoil and the 20 round mag is very nice and doesn't add much weight. I also own the five-seven AR-15 upper and that also is a must have if you like five-seven products.

The FsN is great. I am looking at the AR57 upper receiver. Kind of expensive, but one of these days I will be able to afford it.

Probably a bad idea to tell you about the AR57... That is what I am saving money for.

Oh, I already know all about that one. My buddy has one of those too! I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.....maybe next weekend I can drag him to the outdoor range.

Cheaper Than Dirt and Sportsman's Guide have the ammo available in their catalogs. The reason why it's scare is because FN outsources the manufacturing to another company.

I've ben eye'n a PS90 at the local shop for about 3 months now, my wife spotted it the last time I went to get a new Mag. She pulled me aside and pointed it out and told me if I buy it , she doesn't care it will be hers! Wives hold all the power<hanging head> If you didn't know it is chambered in 5.7mm also.

Last edited:
At last, someone who is honest about his wife dictating to him. Hope y'all (or she) likes the gun.

Well, numerous police forces around the country have called for its ban, if that means anything.
Thanks B2, but I think there is one round that can only be had by military/police and another less powerful round available to general public. I'll have to do some research if noone else here knows.

Thanks B2, but I think there is one round that can only be had by military/police and another less powerful round available to general public. I'll have to do some research if noone else here knows.

The SS190 round is for military/LE only. Same with the SS198 round, but most people think of the SS190 round. The general public can buy SS195LF (lead free hollow point I believe), and SS197SR (blue tipped sporting round). There is a 3rd party corp that makes ammunition that is even better than the FNH rounds (Elite Ammunition). I don't know how their rounds compare to the SS190, but their rounds are much better than the SS195LF and SS197SR.

At last, someone who is honest about his wife dictating to him. Hope y'all (or she) likes the gun.

Hey Oldgrunt, she talked to a lady thats EDC is a FiveSeven, so i had to take her to see how one fits in her hand. and out of all the ones we looked at today, she told me she wants the OD green one.<Hangs Head> theirs another $1150! But on the upside i can play with 3 things!

I have one. I LOVE IT I dont use it for an EDC but you can because of its weight.... size may be an issue. Shoots great. feels great.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back