Florida Woman Kills Son, Self at Gun Range

HK4U

A Florida woman fatally shot her son and then turned the gun on herself at a central Florida gun range, authorities said.

Marie Moore, 44, of Altamonte Springs and her 20-year-old son, Mitchell, were sharing a firing lane at the Shoot Straight range Sunday, Casselberry police said. Shooters in an adjacent lane said the mother and son seemed to be getting along fine. A security video shows Moore walk up behind her son, point a revolver at the back of his head and fire a single shot, police said. She then put the gun in her mouth and pulled the trigger.

The son died at the scene, and the mother died later at the hospital. Family members told police that Moore had a history of mental illness.

The gun was rented from the shooting range.

Source: Link Removed

Is everyone going crazy?

Last edited by a moderator:
yes people are for sure crazy... and can hear the antis now.. one thing they forget about though is that the gun did not pull its own trigger.

That's a horrible tragedy. These kinds of stories seem to be popping up more and more lately. Mental illness is an understatement IMO. Ya'll know the libs will be touting this one!

She had a history of mental illness!!!! sometimes these mentally ill people go from fine to crazy in a matter of seconds. we had a case of it a few years back when a woman with mental problems was driving along with her family when an elderly man pulled in front of her. she stopped the car told her family to get out. then she followed the man home ramming her car into his all the way. when he got to his yard this elderly man a highly decorated vet of WWII got out of his truck with revolver in hand Cocked9 he never got off a shot). she did donuts in his yard and then ran him over killing him. then she crashed her car into his open garage and burned the tires off of it. then she stole his truck and did the same with it at the house next door. then she ran through the woods to a plantation and was trying to break into the caretakers house whth the only thing stopping her was the caretaker holding the door calling 911. the dispatcher could hear her ranting Jesus has sent me to kill you. and that is where the sheriffs dept. apprehended her. she got 6 years in a mental hospital deemed mentally unstable to stand trial.

If you take away the gun they will just find another means to kill. knife , car, sword, bat, etc:cray:

Right down the road from me. It hasn't created much a of a buzz yet besides just a headline. Those like my wife, that do rent one when they go, are worried that the renting may come to a stop, at least for a while. We don't go there though due to the snotty people that were working there each time we went.

She had a history of mental illness!!!! sometimes these mentally ill people go from fine to crazy in a matter of seconds. we had a case of it a few years back when a woman with mental problems was driving along with her family when an elderly man pulled in front of her. she stopped the car told her family to get out. then she followed the man home ramming her car into his all the way. when he got to his yard this elderly man a highly decorated vet of WWII got out of his truck with revolver in hand Cocked9 he never got off a shot). she did donuts in his yard and then ran him over killing him. then she crashed her car into his open garage and burned the tires off of it. then she stole his truck and did the same with it at the house next door. then she ran through the woods to a plantation and was trying to break into the caretakers house whth the only thing stopping her was the caretaker holding the door calling 911. the dispatcher could hear her ranting Jesus has sent me to kill you. and that is where the sheriffs dept. apprehended her. she got 6 years in a mental hospital deemed mentally unstable to stand trial.

If you take away the gun they will just find another means to kill. knife , car, sword, bat, etc:cray:

Any one can "go off" in seconds, not just mentally ill people. Anyone can become irate in seconds, become unbalanced, snap, pick your verb or adverb. We must all just be careful to never be in condition white, to watch what is happening around us, to be protectors of ourselves and our loved ones.

Any one can "go off" in seconds, not just mentally ill people. Anyone can become irate in seconds, become unbalanced, snap, pick your verb or adverb. We must all just be careful to never be in condition white, to watch what is happening around us, to be protectors of ourselves and our loved ones.

your absolutely right, just seem's to me in my profession i wind up cleaning up the mess more often behind people who have chemical imbalance's than i do people of sound mind.

I'm a member of Shoot Straight but this isn't the location that I go to. That's a bit scary. Makes me wish I had property to have a private range on.

How many of these people are on some kind of medication for depression or any mind altering prescriptions that so many now pop like candy so they can "cope"?
There have been reports that many of these kids that were involved in school shootings were on a prescribed medication and went off it shortly before they committed their terrible acts.

How many of these people are on some kind of medication for depression or any mind altering prescriptions that so many now pop like candy so they can "cope"?
There have been reports that many of these kids that were involved in school shootings were on a prescribed medication and went off it shortly before they committed their terrible acts.

I think most of the anti psycotic drugs do more harm than good and it is strange that when I was a kid children did not need drugs to keep them from being hyper active. Perhaps that is because they ate better and got more exercise.

Actually is Political Correctness and lack of parental involvement teaching children morals is what the issue is. Kids now are mostly plug and play. Turn on their toys and tune out their needs

I watched the link. This is really sad on every angle. I am assuming that the range will be shut down. It's hard for me to tell if I am more attune to these types of incidents because I am now a gun owner concerned about a loss of my rights, or if they really are occuring (or being advertised) more frequently. I didn't research this myself, but a co-worker told me that last year there was only one homicide in Binghamton, New York. If that stat is true, I'm sure it won't be advertised by the media because it's too positive and not good anti-gun rhetoric for the left.

It's a shame that there is a different set of rules for guns that are trying to be put into play. If you follow the faulty anti-gun logic, automobiles would be banned because they cause accidents! And those evil condoms.......

Watching the video, makes me sick to my stomach, as I am a mother of a 14 year old son, and I just cannot fathom how she can turn, point the weapon and pull the trigger on her own son! My next emotion then is what a fricken coward to then shoot herself, makes me wonder if somewhere in that fog shrouded mind she knew what she was doing and instead of facing the ramifications of her actions, took the cowards way out.

My question is, if someone has a history of mental illness and a rap sheet, should they then be banned from a weapon? Should there be a more in depth background history done before anyone is allowed to buy or rent a weapon?

I bought my last gun there, and shoot there occasionally. And I don't think they'll shut down the facility because of this, tragic as it was. And most psychotics aren't "card-carrying" nuts. HAd this woman been well-known at the range as disturbed, no one would have rented her the gun. And with her son with her, she probably wans't acting weird before the shooting.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back