Florida to Louisiana

How can the permit be a non-resident permit when indeed was issued to the OP when he was a FL resident?

Its an oxymoron, the permit was issued to a resident as a resident permit and it'll stay that way until otherwise changed. So, the OP can use it as he has and as it was issued to be used - a permit issued to a resident of the state of FL.

If the OP moved it'll be the legal/right thing to do to disclose it, in fact, in my state any address changes must be notified to the Sheriff.

Florida does not designate on their permits. The costs are the same as well as the requirements. A LA resident can purchase a nonresident FL permit. If and when they decide to move to FL, they contact the Dept of Agriculture and change their address. Now it is a resident permit.

Sent from my Nexus 6

How can the permit be a non-resident permit when indeed was issued to the OP when he was a FL resident?

Its an oxymoron, the permit was issued to a resident as a resident permit and it'll stay that way until otherwise changed. So, the OP can use it as he has and as it was issued to be used - a permit issued to a resident of the state of FL.

If the OP moved it'll be the legal/right thing to do to disclose it, in fact, in my state any address changes must be notified to the Sheriff.

Florida actually does not have resident or non-resident permits. They have Concealed Weapons Licenses, period that they issue to anyone who qualifies for it and Florida residency is simply not a requirement to qualify.

Many have noted that Florida does not designate “Resident” or “Non-resident” on its CC license. The residency of the holder becomes an issue at the time he is required to present evidence of licensure. A driver’s license or other state ID would be evidence of residency. So some states, that would have recognized his Florida CC license as “Resident” in 2014 (because he had Florida ID), would now designate his Florida CC license as “Non-resident” (because he now has Louisiana ID). The law of the state in which the event occurs is the determining law on whether it would recognize that license. BTW: The OP did not designate in which state, or states, he might use his Florida license as Non-resident.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back