Florida Permit: First Sign of Activity

They had to take time off to celebrate St. Patrick's Day and the Vernal Equinox. :sarcastic: Hopefully when the smoke clears from the trust fund raid, some of that fund can be used for system upgrades to speed up service times. My hat goes off to Marion Hammer for keeping up with all the issues down in Florida.

ahhh... that explains it. Thank you so much for the insight. :laugh:

I sent my application on February 18th. Today, March 27th, I got a letter indicating that Florida was unable to process my application because the police officer had not signed the fingerprint card. I took it to the police department, surprisingly, the officer was on the desk. He happily signed it and I mailed it back to Florida.

My Florida Permit arrived today. so, the timeline is as follows.

mailed the application on 14 February 2010
The application was signed for on 18 February 2010

March 27 I got the letter indicating that the police need to sign my fingerprint card. I mailed it back the same day

April 23 I recieved my license in the mail.

My Florida Permit arrived today. so, the timeline is as follows.

mailed the application on 14 February 2010
The application was signed for on 18 February 2010

March 27 I got the letter indicating that the police need to sign my fingerprint card. I mailed it back the same day

April 23 I recieved my license in the mail.

Good!

I just finished with the packet and all the info and I will be mailing mine out on monday, so I guess we will start the countdown

How many of you live in Southeast Florida?

Call the DIvision of Licenising in West Palm Beach on Congress and Palm Beach lakes Blvd. to make an appointment if you have taken you class already.

They will handle your fingerprints, money, photo, and, paperwork on site and you will receive your license in three to four weeks.:pleasantry:

If you need to take a course, call me.

TG

I'm a Florida resident and planning to apply for a concealed weapon permit....someone told me that they had heard that any ex-military with an honorable discharge was exempt from having to take the initial firearm use and safety course. Is there any truth to this or is it just false information?

jlong, your DD214 is an acceptable certification of training.

I just finished with the packet and all the info and I will be mailing mine out on monday, so I guess we will start the countdown

please be sure that you and the police officer sign the fingerprint card in the appropriate places. Also be sure that the name and address of the law enforcement agency is printed on the rear top right corner of the card.

I'm a Florida resident and planning to apply for a concealed weapon permit....someone told me that they had heard that any ex-military with an honorable discharge was exempt from having to take the initial firearm use and safety course. Is there any truth to this or is it just false information?

Its very true. DD 214 is absolutely adequate.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back