Florida Non-Resident CCW

neoendedsmith

Friends,

No, this is not the typical thread about Florida Non-Resident CCW concerns...

I know that you can be an out-of-state resident, with Florida Non-Resident CCW and be legit to CC...so this leads me the following question...

Do you have to have residency with the state who's CCW you have in Delaware? Example, do I need a Florida drivers license with my Florida CCW to not get any flak from DE State Police?

Hopefully you all don't feel this is a silly question, as I only ask because I saw some flak about it over at the ar15.com forums...that it was "questionable" and no one had an answer over there...so...

Thanks friends

Florida does not care if you carry your states CCW. If you meet the requirements that Florida has set forth then you can get a Florida CCW. I live in Ohio but applied in FL because for one I didn't have to take a CCW class because of my Military background, second, Florida's permit is good for 7 years and 3rd Fl covers more states than Ohio does.

Friends,

No, this is not the typical thread about Florida Non-Resident CCW concerns...

I know that you can be an out-of-state resident, with Florida Non-Resident CCW and be legit to CC...so this leads me the following question...

Do you have to have residency with the state who's CCW you have in Delaware? Example, do I need a Florida drivers license with my Florida CCW to not get any flak from DE State Police?

Hopefully you all don't feel this is a silly question, as I only ask because I saw some flak about it over at the ar15.com forums...that it was "questionable" and no one had an answer over there...so...

Thanks friends

Ok I read through your question again and I don't think I answered your question. No you don't need a Florida Drivers Lisence to carry a Fl permit.

As a resident of DE...to carry in DE...YOU must have a DE permit.

DE AG:

Delaware Department of Justice - Attorney Generals Office

Pursuant to 11 Del.C. ' 1441(j), as of July 11, 2003, Delaware law allows residents of other states who have been issued a concealed deadly weapon license or permit by certain other states to lawfully carry concealed deadly weapons in Delaware if the state that issued the permit or license also recognizes Delaware's concealed deadly weapons licenses, and if Delaware's Attorney General also determines that the concealed deadly weapons licensing or permit laws in the issuing state "afford a reasonably similar degree of protection as is provided by licensure in Delaware." The Attorney General has determined that only states that require proof of training in firearms safety as a part of their licensing or permit process can meet this requirement.

Yes, I understood that, but my real concern is having a Virginia Drivers License, Florida Non-Resident CWP, and working in Delaware (wanting to carry in Delaware)...

So, I hope there isn't a requirement of "must have Florida Drivers License, for Florida Non-Resident CWP, to carry in Delaware". I would hate to have to defend myself to repel immediate threat of life, only to be sent to prison for not being in accordance with the intricacies of this confused system.

Ok I read through your question again and I don't think I answered your question. No you don't need a Florida Drivers Lisence to carry a Fl permit.

just to clarify, if you are carrying concealed in FLA with a CWFL you must have in addition to the CWFL another form of ID that shows who you are and your address, a DL covers that requirement. I do not know the laws in other states but I would venture a guess that since the cwfl does not have an address on it that you would need secondary form of ID. I know this is not exactly what the question was but your response could lead people down the wrong path

just to clarify, if you are carrying concealed in FLA with a CWFL you must have in addition to the CWFL another form of ID that shows who you are and your address, a DL covers that requirement. I do not know the laws in other states but I would venture a guess that since the cwfl does not have an address on it that you would need secondary form of ID. I know this is not exactly what the question was but your response could lead people down the wrong path

So others don't get confused, good man, thanks :)

Yes, I understood that, but my real concern is having a Virginia Drivers License, Florida Non-Resident CWP, and working in Delaware (wanting to carry in Delaware)...

So, I hope there isn't a requirement of "must have Florida Drivers License, for Florida Non-Resident CWP, to carry in Delaware". I would hate to have to defend myself to repel immediate threat of life, only to be sent to prison for not being in accordance with the intricacies of this confused system.

You are OK! If you want? Go to the Delaware AG's office website and they will have it drilled out for you. For example: If you are not a RESIDENT of Florida, with a Florida CCW, you can not carry in the states of Colorado, Michigan, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania & South Carolina.

You are OK! If you want? Go to the Delaware AG's office website and they will have it drilled out for you. For example: If you are not a RESIDENT of Florida, with a Florida CCW, you can not carry in the states of Colorado, Michigan, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania & South Carolina.

OK, that makes sense, great.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back