Florida non-resident CCW application

Brown Baer

Need some help to get fingerprinted on Oahu to complete my Florida non-resident CCW application.
Would appreciate any assistance you can offer.

Last year I attended Front Sight and acquired my UT non-resident permit but, did not apply for Florida at the same time.....my bad.

Again appreciate any help.

Google "lifescan" for your area and call each location. some will do the FBI Blue Card, some won't. Here I found a few Police facilities that offered the service, but many that don't. Call first and see.

Also most don't stock the Blue Card, and you'll need to order the Florida packet if you don't have one.

If I may suggest....Arizona instead of FL? Prints can be done by anybody (not just LEO)....cost of the permit is significantly less at $60...same training accepted and reciprocity is almost identical.

If you're military, and have base access you could ask the military police. I have a couple of contacts that could help, depending on a few variables.

gf

Thanks for the feedback.

Spoke with Honolulu PD this morning and they confirmed they do not provide fingerprinting as a service to the general public. They were very cooperative with my request and suggested a company who does provide finger printing as a service.

I will pursue the AZ permit as well, good recommendation.

Go to the state buildig on the corner of Punchbowl and King Street where they issue the state ID cards. When you go inside, go to the left of the ID window and turn left to the small office ( Can't remember the office name ). I think it's the Criminal Records office. They'll scan and print you the fingerprint cards. I think the price was around $15. You're supposed to have an appointment, but I no longer have their phone # to pass on to you.

I'm also a Front Sight graduate. Currently have Utah, Florida, Arizona, & need to go back to Nevada to pick up that one.

aloha,
Mr. Ed < of course^2 >

Hope this isn't too much of a hijack; the Florida "Concealed Weapon or Firearm License" is not residence-dependent. The same form is used for residents and non-residents. Your address is not listed on the form. Reciprocity may depend on whether or not you are a Florida resident, but there is no "non-resident" license.

Just an FYI for our readers.

Why not AZ? Florida licenses are signed by Charles Bronson! :biggrin:

Received AZ permit

Aloha All,

Mahalo for all your suggestions.
Update, I received my AZ permit 8 days after mailing the packet.

FL sent a nice letter requesting my fingerprint card be completed by a law enforcement agency......will pursue Mr Ed's recommendation.

Thanks again; Happy and Safe New Year to all.

...acquired my UT non-resident permit but did not apply for Florida.

I have FL as my second permit, but UT has all reciprocal states that FL has plus WA and MN, is cheaper and therefore better. If you have UT, why would you choose to add FL or AZ? The only plus I can see is that if you want to carry in FL, the nonrez UT or AZ permits would not be recognized but the FL would be, of course.

I have FL as my second permit, but UT has all reciprocal states that FL has plus WA and MN, is cheaper and therefore better. If you have UT, why would you choose to add FL or AZ? The only plus I can see is that if you want to carry in FL, the nonrez UT or AZ permits would not be recognized but the FL would be, of course.

Adding AZ to UT will add KS and NM.

I live in Idaho and with a Idaho CHL and a non resident FL CHL I can carry in more states than if I were to get a UT non resident permit.( According to the permit info on the USA Carry website).

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back