Florida-Nevada Laws

Eric Wall

Why does Nevada not honor Florida concealed weapons permits? I have noticed recently that the laws have changed that Nevada no longer honors Florida's permits.

Florida does not honor Utah. Utah will not honor Florida anymore. I think they get in pissing matches over this stuff.:cray:

Both Nevada and Utah changed their reciprocity based on a Florida change.
Both states require reciprocal permits to be significantly similar to their own permitting rules.
Florida recently changed from a 5 year permit to a 7 year permit. This change was significant enough for these two states to drop Florida's reciprocity.

Florida does not honor Utah. Utah will not honor Florida anymore. I think they get in pissing matches over this stuff.:cray:

I think you are wrong, Utah does honor Florida & Florida honors Utah's. Infact Utah will honor ANY state issued permit weather or not that state honors Utah's (Like Nevada).

Utah honors all states permits regardless of if they honor the Utah permit. Here's a link the official Utah BCI site (the agency that issues the Concealed Firearms Permit). Utah Department of Public Safety

As a UT CFP instructor, it's my job to know these things. :wink:

gf

Nevada Dropped Florida because of the change to 7 year. Nevada dropped Utah because Utah does not require live fire qualification.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back