Florida H/SB 7026.

S&W645

NRA Life Member
If the Florida Senate passes this bill, it would make anyone who has a bump stock or likewise capable item a felon if they sold it, gave it, or even moved it out of their place of residence after the date the bill becomes law ( day the Governor signs it ). They also want to ( in their words ) "confiscate" 10% of the trust fund that is for concealed weapons permits. 790.06 ( 13 ) states specifically that that fund cannot be given to the general fund or used for anything other than the concealed weapons licensing program.
(13) All moneys collected by the department pursuant to this section shall be deposited in the Division of Licensing Trust Fund, and the Legislature shall appropriate from the fund those amounts deemed necessary to administer the provisions of this section. All revenues collected, less those costs determined by the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services to be nonrecurring or one-time costs, shall be deferred over the 7-year licensure period. Notwithstanding the provisions of s. 493.6117, all moneys collected pursuant to this section shall not revert to the General Revenue Fund; however, this shall not abrogate the requirement for payment of the service charge imposed pursuant to chapter 215.
Write your Florida Senators telling them to vote no on the bill.
https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2018/7026/BillText/c1/PDF

Be thankful you don't live in Illinois...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://www.illinoispolicy.org/new-...record-loss-of-people-income-to-other-states/

https://townhall.com/columnists/rac...xodus-from-blue-states-to-red-states-n2447683

I am thankful I'm not in Illinois and there are many, many fleeing blue states for red states. The problem is these folks go into states and cities that were once functional, destroy them with their policies, and then bail for the next victim.

Sent from my XT1650 using Link Removed

https://www.illinoispolicy.org/new-...record-loss-of-people-income-to-other-states/

https://townhall.com/columnists/rac...xodus-from-blue-states-to-red-states-n2447683

I am thankful I'm not in Illinois and there are many, many fleeing blue states for red states. The problem is these folks go into states and cities that were once functional, destroy them with their policies, and then bail for the next victim.

Sent from my XT1650 using Link Removed

And that is happening here in Florida. I listened to a FL state Senator say that she represents Miami-Dade County. But what she failed to say is that she represents the yuppy Kendall area of M-D and not all of it. I live in State District 39 and not her area which is District 40. District 39 represents all of Monroe County and the rural areas of Dade. But yet she wants M-D to be able to tell us, who they do not represent, what we can do and make us responsible for their violating State laws on firearms preemption. Taxation without representation as the idiots in Miami think they should even control our zoning even if we became an incorporated area. Something they do not do in the incorporated cities.

One of the amendments to the proposed bill would have required the getting of a permit to buy the " Assault Weapon " at a one time cost of $1000. Good grief! The stupid Dems complain that it is too costly for a voter to get a State ID card so that a person can vote but yet they think that a $1000 fee is fine to be able to enjoy a legal right.

More stupidity.
"Section 12.
Effective October 1, 2018, section 790.222,Florida Statutes, is created to read:
790.222 Bump-fire stocks prohibited.

A person may not import into this state or transfer, distribute, sell, keep for
sale, offer for sale, possess, or give to another person a bump-fire stock.

A person who violates this section commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s.775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, the term “bump-fire stock” means a conversion kit, a tool, an accessory, or a device used to alter the rate of fire of a firearm to mimic automatic weapon fire or which is used to increase the rate of fire to a faster rate than is possible for a person to fire such semiautomatic firearm unassisted by a kit, a tool, an accessory, a device."

Guess where the Dem idiot who wrote this bit in is from? NY. Instead of gun control, we need liberal Dem control. Lock them up all in CA and don't let them out. Also make sure they cannot breed. Guess they never have read the
"Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation. "

By the way, that means that any AR-15 cannot own a shoestring or rubber bands. The Gov just signed it into law. Remove the armed guards from all politicians. They don't need them as they are too stupid to avoid Darwin Awards.

Well that didn't take long. The NRA has filed a lawsuit against Florida over this bill/law. Link Removed They filed it over the age rule but should have filed it over the rest too.

Want to see how dirty the anti-gun people play?
NRA-ILA said:
The passing of that bill was so orchestrated and calculated that when the bill was signed into law, FDLE quickly shut down the background check system for hours – with no prior notice to dealers at all. When the system came back on line, an 18-20 year old could not purchase or take possession of any firearm.

Those 18-20 year olds who were in the process of purchasing rifles or shotguns had their purchases or transfers denied.

Want to see how dirty the anti-gun people play?

I'm with ya on the point that they're dirty as anything you can imagine, but the timing of the implementation hardly seems the pertinent example of that to me. It's passage and signage (by Scott) that are the examples of the dirtiest of tyrannies. I hope a consortium of .orgs and citizens can win a SCOTUS ruling overturning the law, but it seems highly doubtful to me. SCOTUS has given the green light to nearly every state-level infringement that's come down the pike, if indeed, they even agree to hear the cases, many of which they don't.

I used to head to the state line every other weekend or so to ride the scooter helmet-free. Since open carry was made safe here in 2013 without a permit, it's really been the only reason I've bothered with keeping my permit active (for the reciprocity in FL) since moving to within 25 or 30 miles of the state line in 2015. I realize it's 100% symbolic and means nothing to FL lawmakers, but my rides will be routed to avoid crossing the state line from now on. I typically don't participate in boycotts because they are so ineffective and meaningless, but I'm sick of keeping my permit active just for FL anyway, and I ain't goin' down there unarmed once it expires.

At 63, I'm fortunate to still have my hair, which is long and usually in a braid when riding. Both FL and AL have laws that make the freedom-loving life I desire harder to find. If FL would make non-permitted open carry legal, and AL would make open hairy riding legal, I'd be in Hog-Heaven. LOL

Blues

I'm with ya on the point that they're dirty as anything you can imagine, but the timing of the implementation hardly seems the pertinent example of that to me. It's passage and signage (by Scott) that are the examples of the dirtiest of tyrannies. I hope a consortium of .orgs and citizens can win a SCOTUS ruling overturning the law, but it seems highly doubtful to me. SCOTUS has given the green light to nearly every state-level infringement that's come down the pike, if indeed, they even agree to hear the cases, many of which they don't.

I used to head to the state line every other weekend or so to ride the scooter helmet-free. Since open carry was made safe here in 2013 without a permit, it's really been the only reason I've bothered with keeping my permit active (for the reciprocity in FL) since moving to within 25 or 30 miles of the state line in 2015. I realize it's 100% symbolic and means nothing to FL lawmakers, but my rides will be routed to avoid crossing the state line from now on. I typically don't participate in boycotts because they are so ineffective and meaningless, but I'm sick of keeping my permit active just for FL anyway, and I ain't goin' down there unarmed once it expires.

At 63, I'm fortunate to still have my hair, which is long and usually in a braid when riding. Both FL and AL have laws that make the freedom-loving life I desire harder to find. If FL would make non-permitted open carry legal, and AL would make open hairy riding legal, I'd be in Hog-Heaven. LOL

Blues

We are both about the same age. I turned 63 this month. Still trying to decide if I want to approach a lawyer about filing a class action lawsuit.

We are both about the same age. I turned 63 this month. Still trying to decide if I want to approach a lawyer about filing a class action lawsuit.

I turned 63 in February. '55 was a good year, eh?

Keep us posted about any legal actions against the law, whether it's something you were involved in starting, or something started by another someone or .org. If'n you need warm bodies for demonstrations in Tally, I'm only about an hour and a half away, and I'll make an exception to my personal boycott to provide one. Could also probably convince several friends to join me.

Best of luck in any case. Thanks for providing information thus far.

Blues

I turned 63 in February. '55 was a good year, eh?

Keep us posted about any legal actions against the law, whether it's something you were involved in starting, or something started by another someone or .org. If'n you need warm bodies for demonstrations in Tally, I'm only about an hour and a half away, and I'll make an exception to my personal boycott to provide one. Could also probably convince several friends to join me.

Best of luck in any case. Thanks for providing information thus far.

Blues
Cars, firearms, and people born in '55 were good. I have an Springfield Armory M1 Rifle that has the same date as my birth month stamped into the barrel. Another's serial number is the year ( 55 ), the month ( 3 ), and the date ( 9 ) I was born as the first 4 digits. My twin HRA M1s are both from a year earlier. 54, 55, and 56 Chevy Nomads were the rage when I was younger among us teenagers.

Will keep informed as I'm waiting to see the lawsuit as filed over the age restriction. Sadly, it is a minimum of a two day drive from here to the capitol. Can't even make it in a truck if driving under my CDL as time runs out at 10 hours. And it takes 12 hours to get there.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back