Florida Deputy's Teenage Son Impersonated Him

What would you guys do if you were stopped by this clown?

Link Removed

No radio and no firearm??? The kid was wearing a t-shirt and denim shorts. Now how convincing is that?

gf

WOW! You would think after he talked to the first cop he would of just went home. I would say hes a few cans short of a six pack! I can't believe his father is filing charges either...well maybe its a good thing

A Broward sheriff's deputy has decided to press charges against his teenage son, who is accused of sneaking off with his dad's unmarked patrol car for an early morning joy ride in Sunrise.

And just why did the deputy have to decide charges would be brought against his son? Is this another so called 'courtesy' extended to LEO?

And just why did the deputy have to decide charges would be brought against his son? Is this another so called 'courtesy' extended to LEO?
It's probably just a legal issue that we don't hear much about in this context. If someone commits an offense against an officer (assault, battery, impersonation, etc) they can decide to press charges just like any other citizen.

Obviously the Sheriff's Office should have pressed charges against the kid for theft of a LEO vehicle, and a bunch of other things as well, even if the dad hadn't.

Don't know about anyone else, but if I got pulled over by an "unmarked vehicle" and the officer emerged wearing jeans shorts and a t-shirt, had no radio, firearm or badge, I would be VERY suspicious. I'd probably call 911 and stall the kid as long as possible.

I would certainly push the issue and see to it that the impersonator gets punished to the full extent of the law. What would you folks do???

gf

This kid should have to perform some appropriate community service work - such as 1000 hours of cleaning toilets at the drunk tank, riding along with cops on some really bad calls (like child abuse or domestic violence) and interviewing and writing articles about LEOs who have been severely injured in the line of duty, and the effects it has on their life and family.

Maybe that would teach him that there are more complex issues around being a law enforcement officer than just riding around on a high horse of authority. Kids like this who become LEOs are the jerks who end up giving the whole profession a bad name.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back