Flat tire on my tractor

gdcleanfun

Banned
Anyone have any experience, tricks, tips, sound advice for me before I get into taking off this tire and wheel? The tractor is Sears brand but it's over a year old and I don't think flat tires are warranted anyway. I have no problem wrenching anything with or without a manual but any fast-track help would be appreciated. Thanks all.

:pleasantry:First off,tractors are of the John Deere,Ford,New Holland,Massey Fergeson,International,Case IH, variety. What you have is a LAWN MOWER. Is it a front tire or rear tire. Front tire is usually held on by a cotter pin. Pull the cotter pin and take it off. Take it to the local tire shop (Newton Discount tire), and get a new one put one. Bout 20 bucks or so. If Mark will fix it when he gets time. If its a real tractor tire, you better have a HI Lift jack handy,and some jack stands. Well,just the same use some jack stands on your lawn mower too. Better safe than sorry.

Lawnmower

If this is a lawnmower, I would just try fix-a-flat or "tire slime" before I tried to pull the wheel.

:pleasantry:First off,tractors are of the John Deere,Ford,New Holland,Massey Fergeson,International,Case IH, variety. What you have is a LAWN MOWER. Is it a front tire or rear tire. Front tire is usually held on by a cotter pin. Pull the cotter pin and take it off. Take it to the local tire shop (Newton Discount tire), and get a new one put one. Bout 20 bucks or so. If Mark will fix it when he gets time. If its a real tractor tire, you better have a HI Lift jack handy,and some jack stands. Well,just the same use some jack stands on your lawn mower too. Better safe than sorry.

It's a front tire. I managed to hobble it back into the barn and lock it up. If it's just a cotter pin then it should be easy to deal with. Who is Mark and where is Newton Discount tire? I have a 2 post vehicle lift in the shop so it would be easy if I need to lift it off the floor. Thanks for your comments.

If this is a lawnmower, I would just try fix-a-flat or "tire slime" before I tried to pull the wheel.

Is that a temporary or a permanent fix? I've used fixes in my vehicle's radiator, does it work the same way for tires?

Most of the lawn tractors have tubeless tires. If the valve stem is fixed in the rim then it is tubeless. Ger a repair plug kit for a few dollars at Walmart. Fill it with air and run water over the tire to find the leak. Then all you have to do it is plug it.

Most of the lawn tractors have tubeless tires. If the valve stem is fixed in the rim then it is tubeless. Ger a repair plug kit for a few dollars at Walmart. Fill it with air and run water over the tire to find the leak. Then all you have to do it is plug it.
Thank you, Red Hat

No worries. The tire was flat but not punctured. We fired up the compressor, checked the bead as we pumped up the pressure to 12+ and all is well. Thanks everyone.

Anyone have any experience, tricks, tips, sound advice for me before I get into taking off this tire and wheel? The tractor is Sears brand but it's over a year old and I don't think flat tires are warranted anyway. I have no problem wrenching anything with or without a manual but any fast-track help would be appreciated. Thanks all.

Depends on the exact problem. My property in Idaho is full of goatheads and I experienced a lot of slow leaks. I dealt with it with a liberal dose of Slime in the tires.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back