flashlight to compliment CC

Comp_sH00tEr24

Im in the market for a good hand-held (not gun mounted) tactical flashlight. Definetely going to be a smaller one (less than 5in), and im hoping to get a light that strobes. Im looking at a price range of approx. $ 100-150. Anyone have any suggestions out there as far as what lights they carry or like?

I've got a Fenix P3D that I've been really happy with. About 4 inches long. 5 modes (low-med-high-SOS-strobe). I'm not sure what the lumen output is, but it's like 12 lumens on low, up to 200 or so on high/strobe). It carries fairly easily in a pocket. The only thing I don't like is that there is no momentary on on the tailcap switch (due to how the light is cycled through the different modes). Other than that, it's been great. Cost me about $60 or so. Anyway, just my very humble opinion. Good luck!

I carry the Streamlight Strion. About 5 in. Very powerful. It has a momentary tail cap switch. What I really like about it is it is rechargable both AC and DC. I hate it when I need a flash light and find out I am out of batteries. I got it dealer price for abaout 80 bucks.

I have several, my favorite being a Streamlight E2D Executive Defender. It doesn't strobe, but I don't really need that feature.

You may want to check out a light that strobes before making a purchase. I've heard that they don't only disorient the bad guy, but the shooter as well. I haven't personally tried it, so I can't vouch for the validity of this claim. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Fenix Light

I found and bought the Fenix LD-20 at www.fenixgear.com

It strobes and does SOS as well as have 180 lumen output on high for 3.5 hours and low of 9 lumens for 72 hours operation. There are also 47 and 97 lumen options. This light was $54 when I bought it. I used the strobe feature at times on my night shoot at front sight and it did not disorient me (shooter) and I cannot vouch for the target because he died in the gunfight :dance3:

It does all this on 2 AA batteries - easy tto find - cheap to buy.

I bought three more lights from Fenix for wife, daughter and the house (L2T V2). It has a 10 lumen low and 152 high. Good for finding their way or blinding a perp. Shipment was fast and service is good. I had one with a bad switch and they sent me another complete light after asking me to return the defective one AFTER I receive the new one.

Check them out. Prices beat Surefire and they have many more options -- But I really like the battery source.

I have several, my favorite being a Streamlight E2D Executive Defender. It doesn't strobe, but I don't really need that feature.

You may want to check out a light that strobes before making a purchase. I've heard that they don't only disorient the bad guy, but the shooter as well. I haven't personally tried it, so I can't vouch for the validity of this claim. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Did you mean "Surefire"?

As for the strobing lights, it's highly over rated. I've had success with the strobe feature when encountering BG, but I wouldn't depend on it. The way I figure, if I can get used to the strobe, then so can the BG. Something to think about.

gf

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back