FL non-resident required training question

Teufelshund

Good morning everyone, sorry in advance if this is a dupe... I am a CA resident and I'm in the process of putting together my application for a FL non-resident permit. My question is, what training is required for a non-resident permit? I have almost 35 years experience with firearms... I was an expert marksmen in the Marine Corps and am also an NRA certified pistol and personal protection inside the home instructor. I will be taking the NRA personal protection outside the home course and once completed will be attending the PPOTH instructor course. Am I already good to go or not? If not what course or courses should I get under my belt? Thanks....

You are good to go! Your Marine Corps training, NRA certifications and training, a DD Form 214, etc. are all acceptable individually or in aggregate if you want to overwhelm them with your credentials. :)

See list here:

Link Removed

Go for it!

You are good to go! Your Marine Corps training, NRA certifications and training, a DD Form 214, etc. are all acceptable individually or in aggregate if you want to overwhelm them with your credentials. :)

See list here:

Link Removed

Go for it!

Awesome, thanks for the response and info!

I'm still serving in the AF (since 1989) and submitted by latest qualification documentation from about 10 years ago.

FL is a nice license to have--sure opens up the list of states in which I can carry.

... I spend the 2nd most amount of time out of state in FL since the wife is from there. We jump back and forth between Ft. Lauderdale/Miami and up to Gainesville whenever we visit. It appears a non-res FL permit will also cover all the other states I visit most regularly... NV & CA are next on my application list, once at that point I should be content.

... I spend the 2nd most amount of time out of state in FL since the wife is from there. We jump back and forth between Ft. Lauderdale/Miami and up to Gainesville whenever we visit. It appears a non-res FL permit will also cover all the other states I visit most regularly... NV & CA are next on my application list, once at that point I should be content.

Do you live in a 2A friendly county in California? I know that in some counties it is nearly impossible to obtain a concealed carry license.

Nope... LA County here... near impossible to obtain but possible. There's a pending final decision by the 9th circuit court of appeals that might change that though. Otherwise we may purchase a second property in a more 2A friendly county.

A DD214 should do it. Also any state DEC hunter safety course, NRA courses (home firearm safety, first steps, basic pistol or any NRA PP course).

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back