FL non res permit

jg1967

I was under the impression that Florida used to offer a non resident permit but can't quite seem to get that confirmed on their website, is that still the case or did something change?

. They're one and the same license. Florida doesnt make a distinction. Go on their website and print the form, and make sure to use the link to have them send you the fingerprint cards & pamphlets whick they do at no cost. Fill out, get printed, cut a check, mail & wait. compared to some places, they're rather painless. oh, and write down your "T" number so you can check on the status of your application.

It is through the Dept. of Agriculture (go figure) & if you need to take a CCW course (such as I teach)) the Instructor needs to be NRA certified. You can go on this site as well as State of Fl. and get contact info to have them send you the application packet. The Instructor of the course will have the FL. certification of completion of the class to send back with your application.

It is through the Dept. of Agriculture (go figure) & if you need to take a CCW course (such as I teach)) the Instructor needs to be NRA certified. You can go on this site as well as State of Fl. and get contact info to have them send you the application packet. The Instructor of the course will have the FL. certification of completion of the class to send back with your application.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

[SIZE=-1]790.06 License to carry concealed weapon or firearm.—[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1](h) Demonstrates competence with a firearm by any one of the following:1. Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission or a similar agency of another state;
2. Completion of any National Rifle Association firearms safety or training course;
3. Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class available to the general public offered by a law enforcement, junior college, college, or private or public institution or organization or firearms training school, utilizing instructors certified by the National Rifle Association, Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission, or the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services;
4. Completion of any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class offered for security guards, investigators, special deputies, or any division or subdivision of law enforcement or security enforcement;
5. Presents evidence of equivalent experience with a firearm through participation in organized shooting competition or military service;
6. Is licensed or has been licensed to carry a firearm in this state or a county or municipality of this state, unless such license has been revoked for cause; or
7. Completion of any firearms training or safety course or class conducted by a state-certified or National Rifle Association certified firearms instructor;
A photocopy of a certificate of completion of any of the courses or classes; or an affidavit from the instructor, school, club, organization, or group that conducted or taught said course or class attesting to the completion of the course or class by the applicant; or a copy of any document which shows completion of the course or class or evidences participation in firearms competition shall constitute evidence of qualification under this paragraph; any person who conducts a course pursuant to subparagraph 2., subparagraph 3., or subparagraph 7., or who, as an instructor, attests to the completion of such courses, must maintain records certifying that he or she observed the student safely handle and discharge the firearm;

[/SIZE]

You take the florida approved course, 4 hrs, no need to qualify shooting target, It lasts 7 years. Took mine this year along with my wife in Texas back in January. Sent forms with the finger print card, Note: Fingerprints need to be done by a law enforcement agency and they have to stamp it with the law enforcement agency's stamp or they also take the digital submission of the fingerprints, Except not all law enforcement agencies have this capabilities. Got the ccw permit 5 weeks later. It is throught the Department of Agriculture of Florida.

Also worthy to note, Texas honors other State's Non-residency permits but not all accept Texas Non-resident permits or any other state's non-resident permits. Ironically, Florida does not accept the Non-resident Texas permit or any others. So people that do not live in Texas can get a Texas non-resident permit but Florida does not honor it.

Is this an online course?
No.

It is, but Utah no longer does non res permits unless you already have your own State's permit.
That's not a problem. The OP didn't say this would be his only license. And they don't require you to have a resident license to renew the Utah non-resident. That's only required for the initial issue, so your Utah license is still valid if your own state's license expires. The only reason you can lose the Utah licens is if your home license is removed for cause, such as a felony conviction. The downside to either one of these licenses is that they don't cover all the same states. For instance, the Utah license won't let you carry in Florida and the Florida license doesn't allow you to carry in Minnesota. The Florida non-resident license by itself allows more states that the Utah non-resident license by itself, but this may not matter depending on your home state license. That's the case for me. My home state license already covers the states that my Utah non-resident license won't, so going with the less expensive and easier to renew Utah license is by far the best choice for me. I won't have to worry about any of that after I move to Tennessee because apparently the Tennessee license is honored by just about every state that recognizes out of state licenses.

No.

That's not a problem. The OP didn't say this would be his only license. And they don't require you to have a resident license to renew the Utah non-resident. That's only required for the initial issue, so your Utah license is still valid if your own state's license expires. The only reason you can lose the Utah licens is if your home license is removed for cause, such as a felony conviction. The downside to either one of these licenses is that they don't cover all the same states. For instance, the Utah license won't let you carry in Florida and the Florida license doesn't allow you to carry in Minnesota. The Florida non-resident license by itself allows more states that the Utah non-resident license by itself, but this may not matter depending on your home state license. That's the case for me. My home state license already covers the states that my Utah non-resident license won't, so going with the less expensive and easier to renew Utah license is by far the best choice for me. I won't have to worry about any of that after I move to Tennessee because apparently the Tennessee license is honored by just about every state that recognizes out of state licenses.

Far as I know UT will not let you renew without having your home State's license?

It is, but Utah no longer does non res permits unless you already have your own State's permit.

Only if your home state honors the UT permit.

No.

That's not a problem. The OP didn't say this would be his only license. And they don't require you to have a resident license to renew the Utah non-resident. That's only required for the initial issue, so your Utah license is still valid if your own state's license expires. .

Nope..it's for initial AND renewals.

It used to go thru the Secrectary of State and law enforcement knew who had a permit without a warrant. That's why the change is what I have been told. Looking for info to back this up.

This is not correct. This change in Utah law is very confusing and at first I miss-understood it too. If your state recognizes Utah's permit then you must first get one in your home state. Apparently some home states got upset their more expensive permits were being ignored in favor of cheaper Utah permits. If your state does not recognize Utah's permit you may still apply for and receive a Utah non res permit to carry in Utah and other states that recognize Utah's NON RES permit. In other words if you live in CA you can still have a Utah non -res permit. CO doesn't recognize Utah non resident permits but does it you are a resident of Utah. It doesn't make any sense but that's the way it is. That BTW is not a typo. CA doesn't recognize Utah's resident or non resident permits but I assumed that most would already know that.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Assuming you already have a resident license that is recognized by Utah, money can be a factor in your decision too. Florida's license is $117 for 7 years and $117 to renew. Utah's license is $65 for 5 years and $10 to renew. That's what made up my mind. Utah also gets me Wisconsin, where Florida currently does not. My Ohio license covers the other states I need.

Assuming you already have a resident license that is recognized by Utah, money can be a factor in your decision too. Florida's license is $117 for 7 years and $117 to renew. Utah's license is $65 for 5 years and $10 to renew. That's what made up my mind. Utah also gets me Wisconsin, where Florida currently does not. My Ohio license covers the other states I need.

$51 and $15 now.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back