First time stopped whiile carrying, Positive!-Northern MI

swamphunter2

So I picked up my girlfriend from work at 11:00pm to take the 3 hour drive up to the family cottage. At about 1:30am we stopped at a gas station right off the highway for a break. At the gas station a gentleman came up to me and started talking about the car I was driving(2009 Shelby GT-500). Well when we went to leave I got a little excited and spun the tires and quickly accelerated to the speed limit, even after being told not to by my girlfriend. Next thing I knew blue and red lights behind me and I knew I messed up, should of known better but driving a car like that its easy to mess up. Well I quickly pulled into a parking lot and turned on the overhead light, rolled down the window, shut the car off and put my hands on the steering wheel. He approached and was very polite and kind of had a joking friendly attitude, although I knew that could change. Immedently I told him I had a gun where it was and handed him my papers, liscence, and CPL.He asked what I was carrying (Glock 23 in a CrossBreed Supertuck) and a that point I figured he was pro carry. After a couple of moments he approached the car handing everything back and said drive safe and listen to your girlfriend(she will never let me forget it) I thanked him and he left. He got in his charger and pulled in front of me and turned around. When he got next to me I could here his engine rev as he stomped the gas, which I thought that was hilarious! Over all a great expirence!

Good story. Jealous about the car but still a good story. Does the heart good to hear the positive stuff too.

This time you got lucky. Next time, resist the urge to peel out from a stand still. LOL.... I am glad the officer cut you some slack. :)

Link Removed

Here ya go! it's completely stock, at least for now :). Also I am thrilled he cut me some slack on the way back home I plan on stopping at Jay's and seeing if they have a Glock 27 Gen 4 for me to take home. When I saw the lights I figured the Glock was going to be a no no.

Considering that the cop let him off without a ticket I won't hold it against him that he revved his engine ... in fact, I think the guy had a good sense of humor.

'Glad you got out of it OK...can't help smiling though. I have a young one like you (he doesn't drive a Ford!), can't resist peeling either, even when I am on board.:no:

Link Removed
This is me and my Brother in law with his Shelby GT-500 I am the good looking one on the left.
LOL Bill

33 years ago I was coming home on my motorcycle. I ran it up to 110 mph down a straight away stopped at the stop light, took off hard, ran it up to 80 mph, slowed down and turned in my neighborhood as I pulled into my garage I got off the motorcycle and turned around to see a state trooper pulling into the drive way. I kept my mouth shut and let him talk. I figured the first words out of his mouth were going to be Your under arrest, but luckily he had just topped the hill and spotted me as I shot through the intersection at the stop light. He thought I ran the light. I told him where the other cars were and that I had taken off hard on the throttle. He accepted my explanation, turned to leave, stopped, turned around and said "I couldn't tell how fast you were going down the backside of that hill, but you were moving pretty good." Then he got in his patrol car and left. There are good law enforcement officers out there.

Did he ask you for your CPL, why did you show him your CPL if he never ask... Should we let them know that we have a CPL??

Did he ask you for your CPL, why did you show him your CPL if he never ask... Should we let them know that we have a CPL??
33 years ago I was 19 , too young to buy a handgun, and concealed carry permits didn't exist. So No, He didn't ask.

My first and only encounter: Inspection sticker expired (yearly requirement in Texas) Just slipped my mind and was 2 weeks past due. A motorcycle LEO pulled me over and i had no idea why , so i pulled over, cut engine and kept hands on the wheel. Soon as he got to the window i announced that my gun was between my legs lol , you see i have a "Jamaican Holster" it straps to the seat and keeps your gun at the front of the seat between your knee's. I asked if i could reach in my rear pocket for my ID and CHL. He finally realized that i wasnt joking and said it was ok. I produced the 2 ID's and he asked that i keep my hands on the wheel and i replied that i would. He wrote me a ticket that cost me $20 after i got the inspection sticker updated.

My first and only encounter: Inspection sticker expired (yearly requirement in Texas) Just slipped my mind and was 2 weeks past due. A motorcycle LEO pulled me over and i had no idea why , so i pulled over, cut engine and kept hands on the wheel. Soon as he got to the window i announced that my gun was between my legs lol , you see i have a "Jamaican Holster" it straps to the seat and keeps your gun at the front of the seat between your knee's. I asked if i could reach in my rear pocket for my ID and CHL. He finally realized that i wasnt joking and said it was ok. I produced the 2 ID's and he asked that i keep my hands on the wheel and i replied that i would. He wrote me a ticket that cost me $20 after i got the inspection sticker updated.

Oklahoma dropped the inspection and sticker stupid deal, it was costing the State more then it was bringing in and since it really was all about the money, Oklahoma could care less about the condition of the Autos and Trucks on their roads.
It's all about the money they can grind out of people,Oklahoma has the worst roads and City streets of any State in the USA and also I might add the worst drivers or as I call them herders.:angry:

I've been pulled over three or four times for a random check and haven't had a bad experience yet. If your polite their usually polite in return.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back