First time shooting my XDm 45 3.8

julez456

I finally took my Springfield Armory XDm .45 3.8 to the range the other day and I was pretty happy with my shooting. I had the gun for about 2 months but didn't have time, busy with work and family that I didn't get a chance to get to the range until about 2 days ago. I also have an older Springfield XD9 but I felt I shot a lot better with the .45...it has been about 6 months since I shot the XD9 but the .45 felt a lot better in my hand. The shots to the head on the top target were on purpose and the shot to pelvic area was a shot for good measure. :laugh:

DSC06958.jpg

DSC06957.jpg

I noticed in both targets tho that I shot a little to the right but I was very happy with my grouping. I'm sure I can correct the "shooting to the right" problem on my next visit which will hopefully be very soon. Very impressed with this gun.

Thoughts/suggestions?

Good shooting, julez. I have been thinking about getting another XD for a while(I had a full size .45 a while back and miss it). I like the "just for good measure" low shot!

Yes it's an awesome gun! I have the XDm 3.8 in both 9mm and .45acp. As well as the XDs 3.3 .45acp. They all pretty much shoot the same and shoot GREAT!

Can't go wrong with any of them and big plus, very concealable guns!

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back