first time carrying in public

burchesss

My wife and I recived our CHL at the end of last month (finally), and I have tryed to carry most of the time when I am not going to a gun free zone,or at work. (Any sugestions on how to carry a 4.5'' 45acp while working in a heavy equiptment shop?) My Ruger p345 actualy hides IWB pretty well for its size. I know it is there but it carrys comfortabley, I have to be cautious this time of year to be sure my shirt stays over the grip but I have had no issues so far.I feel a lot more aware of what is going on around me, not paranoid,but observant. Both to prevent being noticed,and be ready if the SHTF. My wife has not carriyed yet She has my makrov until We find the right compact 9mm (Taurus PT111 mil pro is at the top of her list so far) and she will probobly carry in a purse. any one know a quality holster purse? Dont go into the on v.s. off body argument(unless you enjoy arguing like me!). I would rather she carry on body but it is harder for a woman,and I feel lucky to have a wife who shairs an interest in guns and CC. Who knows maybe she will chose to carry on body down the road.

My wife and I recived our CHL at the end of last month (finally), and I have tryed to carry most of the time when I am not going to a gun free zone,or at work. (Any sugestions on how to carry a 4.5'' 45acp while working in a heavy equiptment shop?) My Ruger p345 actualy hides IWB pretty well for its size. I know it is there but it carrys comfortabley, I have to be cautious this time of year to be sure my shirt stays over the grip but I have had no issues so far.I feel a lot more aware of what is going on around me, not paranoid,but observant. Both to prevent being noticed,and be ready if the SHTF. My wife has not carriyed yet She has my makrov until We find the right compact 9mm (Taurus PT111 mil pro is at the top of her list so far) and she will probobly carry in a purse. any one know a quality holster purse? Dont go into the on v.s. off body argument(unless you enjoy arguing like me!). I would rather she carry on body but it is harder for a woman,and I feel lucky to have a wife who shairs an interest in guns and CC. Who knows maybe she will chose to carry on body down the road.

Has she considered open carry? I know you said to try to suggest a holster purse, but I'm not about to suggest something that is as bad an idea as this is. At least with open carry she doesn't have to change her wardrobe too much (besides getting a quality belt). Furthermore, you are in Virginia, America's most open carry friendly state, so it's not as if she'd be alarming too many people by doing it.

My wife has a couple from Coronado Leather. They have several models and make quality stuff. Not cheap but good. They also guarantee them for life. The first one she bought years ago after a couple years the lining tore. We sent it back and I think all the charged to fix it was shipping. also although a purse carry is not necessarily the best way a gun in the purse beats one at home on the dresser.

Last edited:

Congratulations!

Regarding your wife, there are a lot of options for women. Try these:

Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters

Concealed Weapon Purses

Link Removed

I like OWB most of the time. Summer weather presents a challenge to me too.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back