Firing at Man in Times Square, Police Wound Two Bystanders

MossyHead

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/16/n...-square-police-wound-two-bystanders.html?_r=0
I know a lot of LEO sympathizers-at-any-cost will remind us of just how difficult an LEO's job is but I see the increasing trend of cops quick to use force and ask questions later has more to do with their own fear - fear due to their lack of life experience, fear due to the same political and feminist correctness to which all government employees are subjected, and force over-compensation due to fear. If one doesn't really believe in the mantra, to protect and serve, then fear will motivate and rule on the job. I think that the trend of police thuggery is due to the same propaganda and is likely, generational, i.e., younger cops more indoctrinated and more easily indoctrinated than older veterans.

NYC police shoot 2 bystanders

Police in NYC should not carry guns.

http://nypost.com/2013/09/15/cops-accidentally-shoot-two-bystanders-while-trying-to-subdue-man/

Does the NYPD spend any of it's budget on firearms training any more? Will Bloomberg's MAIG group count theses shootings in their handgun violence statistics?

Well, it's within the fine tradition of NYPD "marksmanship".

What I find interesting is the part in the NY Post article that states that the victim who was shot in the buttocks, was accompanied by a cop and a "man in a suit". The latter ORDERED the woman not to speak to reporters.

HER lawyer?
The CITY'S lawyer?
The NYPD STASI?

If it weren't MY lawyer, I'd tell him to coat that "order" in valve grinder compound and stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

There's no safe direction in Times Square. Nearly impossible to control collateral damage there.

The two officers who opened fire are rookies, with 18 months and three years on the job.
Three years on the job is not a rookie. 18 months is even pushing it.

A department mandated 12lb trigger pull doesn't help much, either.

It's giving NYPD a bad rep , But i am sure Bloomie is all smiles. I think NYPD only trains when they have to certify to carry and work, maybe once a year????
This with the fiasco a year ago at the Empire State Bldg shooting (NYPD). But the place is run by Libtards, they trust Government to do all for them.

I am waiting for the LAST Episode of Law & Order :SVU I picture the entire cast out gunning for the BG. Then they have him surrounded and open fire, killing each other. Leaving the BG to run away untouched.... Now that would be reality TV in NYC.

Interesting. Studies demonstrate that a civilian using his/her firearm in lawful self defense is 5-1/2 times LESS LIKELY to accidentally shoot the wrong person than a LEO, yet those are the very people Bloomberg says can't be trusted with their own self defense! Why? Because he believes they are more likely to shoot innocent bystanders. Yet it is Bloomberg's finest that have shot innocent bystanders in a couple of confrontations just in the last year.

Interesting. Studies demonstrate that a civilian using his/her firearm in lawful self defense is 5-1/2 times LESS LIKELY to accidentally shoot the wrong person than a LEO, yet those are the very people Bloomberg says can't be trusted with their own self defense! Why? Because he believes they are more likely to shoot innocent bystanders. Yet it is Bloomberg's finest that have shot innocent bystanders in a couple of confrontations just in the last year.

What study? And there would be an assumption anyway that civilians would be less likely to cause collateral damage due to the fact...they're not a LEO required to interject themselves into a deadly force situation.

Sent from my hand-held mind distractor

I can't watch shows like Law & Order anymore because of all the progressive liberal horse sh!t they push. Most prime time TV is like that. It's gotten real bad. If it's on NBC, ABC or CBS, it's there, and you don't have to pay much attention to see it either.

Another thing you may notice, is how they push what law enforcement is "allegedly" allowed to do. In short, they continue to assist in dumbing down society to have everyone believe they can do what ever they want with no recourse.

As far as what happened in New York, just remember, the criminal class in this country has been enabled and there is nothing being done about it.

There is a bright side to this incident which demonstrated bad judgement and poor marksmanship. These cops are of the same quality as those who guard Bloomberg. Perhaps they will be able to demonstrate their marksmenship when the mayor's in the area. Perhaps his honor will learn to appreciate their capabilities first-hand.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back