firearms for fat boys

gordoat

:biggrin:I'm looking for ways to carry concealed for people that are vertically challenged! Hint: you can't hide them in in-the-pants holsters

Vertically challenged. Thats a new way of putting it. Ok I admit Im vertically challenged also (what do you expect from a guy called Santa) and I pocket carry WITH a holster. Which pocket changes according to what I wear. The gun MUST be instantly available or it is worthless. Pocket carry generally means smaller guns,(no 50 caliber Smiths'), but there is a suprising number of pocket guns that are not so little, depending on the size of the pocket, that will work. Even if you have to use a 22, remember the 22 with you is worth more than the 357 at home. A gun, ANY GUN, always beats a sharp stick.

I'm 6'4" 335lbs. and a little wider in the middle and I carry a XD9sc in a Crossbreed Supertuck. I feel good with it on. If I wear my shirt out you really can't tell.

I think the gist that you can take away from the other posts, it is all about the rig you are using to carry. You'll need to get your clothes a little looser. That is one or my things, I don't like to buy a bigger waist, but if you are trying to conceal, your gonna have to have a little give. You can get these pants with elastic bands, some have adjustable (my preference) so that you can wear the same pair of pants carrying or not. Then then you need to find a good belt and comfortable holster rig.

:biggrin:I'm looking for ways to carry concealed for people that are vertically challenged! Hint: you can't hide them in in-the-pants holsters

I'm 6'4" 335lbs. and a little wider in the middle and I carry a XD9sc in a Crossbreed Supertuck. I feel good with it on. If I wear my shirt out you really can't tell.

Smudley has the true definition of the problem...horizontally challenged. My Glock 23 is completely covered at 4 o'clock by a Guyaberra or Hawaiian shirt. I'm 6'3" and won't go into the other.

6'0" and 265 with a Glock 30SF in M-Tac Minotaur 100% of the time. Good carry belt, shirt untucked and belt 1 - 2 notches tighter than normal.

I am also a big guy!!!

I am a big guy myself 6ft about 365lb I carry a ruger P95 in my iwb holster i also usually carry an extra clip with a plastic holder right next to it on my right side it may have been slightly uncomfortable at first but ive been carrying since Febuary and now i dont even notice that its there it just feels like an extention of me. Being a big guy i feel its easy to conceal.

it may have been slightly uncomfortable at first but ive been carrying since Febuary and now i dont even notice that its there
I think it was Clint Smith from Gunsite that said, "A sidearm is supposed to be comforting, not comfortable.". All carry options take a week or two to get used to so don't ditch one too quickly if it seems strange.

just to add my .02, depending on your footwear, many weapons can be carried in an ankle holster or.a boot holster, depending on your preference. Also belly bands are made up to about 62" and some can carry a Desert Eagle concealed, Google Stoner Holsters if you'd like to see the video. In the end, it's just a matter of finding the most comfortable option for you!

Im a large person also, and i carry a full size .45 inside the waste band using a crossbreed supertuck. Its very comfortable.

I, too am rounder than I used to be. I usually carry either a KT PF9 IWB @ 4:00, or a Taurus 85UL in a Desantis Nemeses pocket holster. When it gets cool enough to wear a hoodie or jacket of some sort, I switch to a Rossi 462 357 worn OWB.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back