Finding a good Criminal Attorney

mojoman

I hope that this is the right place to post this but how can I find or what is the best way to find a good Criminal Attorney. I just want to keep him or her on speed dial just in case something happen that I have to take a life in self-defense. Like all have said that I hope to God Almighty that I will never have to use deadly force but the ways things are they are crazy. I want to be ready for that moment if it will come to this. Thanks for your comments because I don't want to wait for it to happen and in a moment try to find somebody.

the nra has excellent attorneys if it's about a shooting......they can probably help you find one in your area
best wishes

I've had good results in the past by finding the guys who were former county or city prosecutors. But you want to be sure you get talked to and have your case taken, so it's a good idea to visit them in advance just to be sure they are willing. It might cost the price of an 'advisement' appointment, but it will ensure that if you need to call at midnight some Friday, your call will be taken because you are already 'a client'.

Where are you? Our CWP instructor recommended one for us in Columbia, SC. He also suggested throwing him $100 to ensure he will take the call!

You don't want just any attorney...

I hope that this is the right place to post this but how can I find or what is the best way to find a good Criminal Attorney. I just want to keep him or her on speed dial just in case something happen that I have to take a life in self-defense. Like all have said that I hope to God Almighty that I will never have to use deadly force but the ways things are they are crazy. I want to be ready for that moment if it will come to this. Thanks for your comments because I don't want to wait for it to happen and in a moment try to find somebody.

Most criminal attorneys do NOT know how do defend a DGU. The method for defense for most attorneys include casting reasonable doubt that you (the perp) are the person who did the 'crime'. In a self-defense shooting, you are admitting to doing the shooting. You provide the gun you used to DO the shooting. Most attorneys will try to plea-bargain your MURDER charge down to MANSLAUGHTER and then tell you to take the deal! So you only go to jail for a dozen years for defending your life or the life of your loved ones.

Don't fall for it. Ask your prospective attorney if they have ever won a self-defense case! Ask if they know how to win one!

Where are you? Our CWP instructor recommended one for us in Columbia, SC. He also suggested throwing him $100 to ensure he will take the call!

Thank you guys I really appericated this but I'm in the Seattle-Tacoma Washington area.

Most criminal attorneys do NOT know how do defend a DGU. The method for defense for most attorneys include casting reasonable doubt that you (the perp) are the person who did the 'crime'. In a self-defense shooting, you are admitting to doing the shooting. You provide the gun you used to DO the shooting. Most attorneys will try to plea-bargain your MURDER charge down to MANSLAUGHTER and then tell you to take the deal! So you only go to jail for a dozen years for defending your life or the life of your loved ones.

Don't fall for it. Ask your prospective attorney if they have ever won a self-defense case! Ask if they know how to win one!

Okay thanks this sound good, I will be on this.

...Most attorneys will try to plea-bargain your MURDER charge down to MANSLAUGHTER and then tell you to take the deal!...

That is absolutely preposterous and wrong. All criminal lawyers are familiar with affirmative defenses, of which SD is but one. Not all criminal defense attorneys are created equal; the trick is getting an experienced, savvy attorney, and I'd go for one who does only crim law, not crim law in addition to a long menu of other things. The advice about asking about SD experience is, however, good.

That is absolutely preposterous and wrong. All criminal lawyers are familiar with affirmative defenses, of which SD is but one. Not all criminal defense attorneys are created equal; the trick is getting an experienced, savvy attorney, and I'd go for one who does only crim law, not crim law in addition to a long menu of other things. The advice about asking about SD experience is, however, good.
I agree with you that all Criminal attorney know very well about the defenses.For one attorney you can't conclude all in it. So think before you say and before choosing you must ask them about their work experience in handling cases and in how many cases they have got success.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
Ronald Reagan​

A done deal.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back