Finally!!!!

magicman007

I got my permit today and officially became a member of the club! I put my P99 on and went out shopping for the day. It felt strange at first, but then settled in. The holster felt great from the start, but having a gun on my side was different at first. I got used to it after a bit though.
And good thing I got my permit today. I went to the gun store to pick up my Mossberg 500. Turns out, if it's got a pistol grip it's considered a pistol. No three day wait for me! :biggrin:

Congratulations!! Carry everywhere you legally can. Never forget about safety. One day before long, you will feel very strange if that pistol is not strapped to your side.

congratulations! you'll get used to it.

Yup, we all get used to it, just like we get used to the other things that are attached to us like our cell phones, keys, or wallets/purses. It's very noticeable when something is not there after getting used to it.

I got my permit today and officially became a member of the club! I put my P99 on and went out shopping for the day. It felt strange at first, but then settled in. The holster felt great from the start, but having a gun on my side was different at first. I got used to it after a bit though.
And good thing I got my permit today. I went to the gun store to pick up my Mossberg 500. Turns out, if it's got a pistol grip it's considered a pistol. No three day wait for me! :biggrin:

Congratulations on getting your permit.
Where do you live, that an 18.5+" barreled shotgun is considered a pistol? Just because the stock has been removed and replaced with a pistol grip, the shotgun barrel length requirement is still in effect, therefore the 500 is still a long gun and the 3 day wait for pistols won't apply. If the state truly want to call it a pistol, you can shorten the barrel to 6" if you wanted (They won't let you, so it MUST be a long gun)

Congratulations on getting your permit.
Where do you live, that an 18.5+" barreled shotgun is considered a pistol? Just because the stock has been removed and replaced with a pistol grip, the shotgun barrel length requirement is still in effect, therefore the 500 is still a long gun and the 3 day wait for pistols won't apply. If the state truly want to call it a pistol, you can shorten the barrel to 6" if you wanted (They won't let you, so it MUST be a long gun)

Good point! However, I can see a state doing that. I wouldn't be surprised if PRMA (where I live) has something like that. If you look at some of the things people complain about on an "assault rifle" (which isn't even an assault rifle but anyways) they complain that the pistol grip feature gives a person the ability to fire the weapon from the hip. Maybe that is what the state where they reside has a law similar to this?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back