Finally making my move to Washington!

Boomboy007

Well, in order to more easily attend the monthly "NavyLCDR's Troll" meetings, I am finally moving to Washington state. I will be in the Ferndale area, if anybody is local. I plan on joining the Custer Sportsman's club, as I will only be living a mile or so away.

Anybody else in the Whatcom county area? I will be in the area in mid August, though I will probably spend a couple of weeks in Vancouver with the GF.

Welcome to the land of the almost free. Once you establish residency in Washington, your out-of-state CCW permit/license is no longer valid. The WA CPL is $55.25 and all that is required is a visit to the local cop shop to fill out an application and fingerprints. You can open carry without a license/pemit but the gun itself must be unloaded when inside a vehicle. I am up in Oak Harbor on Whidbey Island.

Welcome to my "merry band of Constitutionalist trolls!" Amazing how much flak a person gets for standing up for the Constitution these days...

I recently moved to the tri cities. Still need to apply for my new ccw. It's $60 now. Navy, you probably knew my brother. He was based on Whidbey for the last two years, also lived in oak harbor.

I recently moved to the tri cities. Still need to apply for my new ccw. It's $60 now.

That's strange, but possible. Here is the RCW:
RCW 9.41.070
Concealed pistol license — Application — Fee — Renewal.
(5) The nonrefundable fee, paid upon application, for the original five-year license shall be thirty-six dollars plus additional charges imposed by the federal bureau of investigation that are passed on to the applicant. No other state or local branch or unit of government may impose any additional charges on the applicant for the issuance of the license.(6) The nonrefundable fee for the renewal of such license shall be thirty-two dollars. No other branch or unit of government may impose any additional charges on the applicant for the renewal of the license.

This is from the WA Department of Licensing website:
Link Removed
Documents you’ll need
The $55.25 fee in cash, check, or money order made payable to the law enforcement agency. This fee is non-refundable.

So, either the FBI raised their charge for the background check and the WA DOL hasn't updated their website (entirely possible and likely) or there is a local government that is violating state law.

NavyLCDR:215092 said:
I recently moved to the tri cities. Still need to apply for my new ccw. It's $60 now.

That's strange, but possible. Here is the RCW:
RCW 9.41.070
Concealed pistol license — Application — Fee — Renewal.
(5) The nonrefundable fee, paid upon application, for the original five-year license shall be thirty-six dollars plus additional charges imposed by the federal bureau of investigation that are passed on to the applicant. No other state or local branch or unit of government may impose any additional charges on the applicant for the issuance of the license.(6) The nonrefundable fee for the renewal of such license shall be thirty-two dollars. No other branch or unit of government may impose any additional charges on the applicant for the renewal of the license.

This is from the WA Department of Licensing website:
Link Removed
Documents you’ll need
The $55.25 fee in cash, check, or money order made payable to the law enforcement agency. This fee is non-refundable.

So, either the FBI raised their charge for the background check and the WA DOL hasn't updated their website (entirely possible and likely) or there is a local government that is violating state law.

I stand corrected. The gun shops must of just rounded up, "all you need is $60 and fingerprints." Just checked city website and it is $55.25 non refundable.

"Almost Free" is still MUCH better than here in Connecticut!

Welcome to the land of the almost free. Once you establish residency in Washington, your out-of-state CCW permit/license is no longer valid. The WA CPL is $55.25 and all that is required is a visit to the local cop shop to fill out an application and fingerprints. You can open carry without a license/pemit but the gun itself must be unloaded when inside a vehicle. I am up in Oak Harbor on Whidbey Island.

Welcome to my "merry band of Constitutionalist trolls!" Amazing how much flak a person gets for standing up for the Constitution these days...

Yes, as you know, I have been an unabashedly proud member of your Constitutionalist troll band for some time now. It still astounds me at how easily some will voluntarily concede their natural rights simply in order to "get along" with an authority figure. Still so many who believe that the LEO at their door wants to be their pal. It is a job that needs doing, but it is a position very easily (and often) abused.

Incidentally, last time I was up for a visit, I got my WA License to Carry Concealed Pistol. Because I was applying from out of state, it has my CT address. After researching, it seems that updating the address is not required:

Link Removed

I will probably do it anyway, but it was not on the front burner. It actually might be worth a call on my part.

So when is the Washington State USACarry summer picnic?:biggrin:

Welcome Boomboy007 to Washington State. I live in the dry eastern part in Ritzville which is about 75 miles northeast of Firefighterchen. NavyLCDR is right about the cost. When I got my first Washington CPL I was told it would take 60 days because I had just moved here. It took 27 days and is good for 5 years. Renewal is cheaper. Anyway Im off for target practice with my toys. Have a good one.

So when is the Washington State USACarry summer picnic?:biggrin:

I don't know. But opencarry.org's big Washington event is August 20th at Willow Lakes Apartments in SEATAC (Seattle). Go to opencarry.org and look in the sticky posts in the Washington forum. There's quite a history to the Willow Lakes events and they are always a GREAT time. The apartment complex manager and law abiding residents love us because there is always a ton of food provided for anyone that wants to come in and the undersireable criminal element tends to scatter for a bit out of the area.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back