Finally Illinois!

croute

Link Removed

Unfortunately the bill is a nightmare with so many 'no' clauses it's not funny BUT maybe (and that's a huge maybe) after the law is in effect for a while and they see there isn't blood in the streets they might make it better ... again not holding my breath

There is already blood on the streets, has been for quite some time, at last check IL was well on its way to breaking their own homicide record for last year. Way to go!! Continue to refuse to look at the root cause of violence in the streets, ie gangs etc. And continue to blame lawful firearm ownership for all the states woes, while citing the need for stricter gun control legislation, versus criminal control. Maybee somday they will pull their heads out of the sand?

Unfortunately the bill is a nightmare with so many 'no' clauses it's not funny BUT maybe (and that's a huge maybe) after the law is in effect for a while and they see there isn't blood in the streets caused by law abiding citizens they might make it better ... again not holding my breath

Fixed it for you.

I'm wondering if there is any REAL data showing lawful citizens that have passed a background check, are CPL holders/ gun owners, who have been perps in violent crime. We are not commiting the murders in Chicago or Detroit. The "Celebrities" are killing each other. I want to protect myself from THEM, not you guys.

I'm wondering if there is any REAL data showing lawful citizens that have passed a background check, are CPL holders/ gun owners, who have been perps in violent crime. We are not commiting the murders in Chicago or Detroit. The "Celebrities" are killing each other. I want to protect myself from THEM, not you guys.
Texas puts out annual report on crimes, and does separate out CHL holders. The CHL holders are way, way less likely, on a per capita basis, to be involved in any crime, and especially in violent firearms related crimes.

Of course, that's to be expected, as the CHL holders are first of all a subset of the population that has shown itself to be law abiding. Those who fear blood in the streets from the permit holders are just plain ignorant.

Oh Illinois doesnt care about stats. No really I watched one Senator say that there's no correlation between permit laws and violent crime rate. None and he's a Senator from Chicago. What about a correlation between no permit laws, slaps on the wrist for gang members caught with guns, and violent crime. He used to be the head of the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence go figure now that would be Colleen Daley (ring a bell?). I watched his mag ban fail too right in front of the Sandy Hook families. Oh and right after passing concealed carry they passed a bill banning FTF sales and a bill to make it criminal to not report a lost/stolen firearm 72 hrs after obtaining "knowledge" that it had been lost or stolen. Can anyone say unconstitutionallly vague? We'll get that and the public transit ban struck down. This is just the tip of the iceberg it took 9 years and a court ruling to do it. 16 hrs of training banged down to 8 with a DD-214 or hunter safety card or prior training. $150 fee to fund the broke FOID system (why not eliminate it oh yes that makes too much sense). Limited DTI. We'll get the fee knocked down too. The real crap deal is that we're gonna be waiting another year more or less. First permits will be issued next Feb or March and they have 90 days to approve/deny but it's non binding just like with FOID cards (people wait 3-4 months for those and the FOID Act says shall issue or deny within 30 days there) so more like 200 and that's low end. Writ of mandamus would be filed in that case.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Yeah Lisa Madigan got a 30 day extension of the mandate which was already stayed for 180 days and they have 270 days to issue permits after the law is signed (maybe before July 9th) and carry is still banned until then. So....right. I seem to recall a panel of judges declaring...nevermind I'm in Illinois.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Yea we're handling that heh. Lawsuits. Little town staring down a federal civil rights lawsuit...probably gonna back down. I've been working with an attorney to draft a boilerplate complaint.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 4 Beta

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back