FINALLY got my Utah permit

CHGOTHNDER

Took the class in Jan - 09 sent it in 2 days later and it finally got here on 5-16-09 what a waiting period. their website says they had to hire 6 new employees just to keep up.

Congratulations, CHGOTHNDER! It's taking longer and longer to get permits back in a lot of states. More people than ever are applying and it's slowing the systems down. At least you have yours in your hand now! Carry safe and carry often!

I just finished the Utah CFP instructor class over the weekend. It seems like they're doing their best to keep up with the demand, but with the number of permit applications nearly doubling since November, it's a rather difficult task. They have more people processing the applicaitons, but still have only 3 investigators to complete the background checks. From what I understand, the average wait is around 90 days.

gf

Took the class in Jan - 09 sent it in 2 days later and it finally got here on 5-16-09 what a waiting period. their website says they had to hire 6 new employees just to keep up.

Good Luck with it!!
I'm taking the class on Saturday. I thought I would have it for my vacation in August, but I guess not!!

Oh well, glad to hear you got yours!!:pleasantry:

Congrats on the Utah Permit. It's a good one. I have both an Arizona and a Utah permit. I travel to Nevada a lot and my Arizona permit is not recognized there but my Utah permit is! Very strange since Arizona is a neighbor state to Nevada and the CCW requirements are essentially the same. Anyway, the 2 permits are recognized in about 40 states so I'm happy.

Utah cashed my application check today. Anyone remember how long it took after the check was cashed?

90 days after you check is cashed. 120 from the day they get it.

gvaldeg1: it looks like our Utah permit won't be good in Nevada after July 1. check their site on or after the July 1 to make sure.

gvaldeg1: it looks like our Utah permit won't be good in Nevada after July 1. check their site on or after the July 1 to make sure.

I checked with the Nevada DPS and although they will neither confirm or deny at this time, from what I've heard from many sources, it sounds like both Utah and Florida will be dropped from Nevada's reciprocity list. They said to check on July 1st because there are several changes. It sounds like some states may be added. I hope that Arizona is one of them. In any event, I'll check on July 1st.

Sent my application in on May 5th, my check was cashed on July 2nd and I received my permit in the mail today August 10th.

Wonder if these other states are looking at this heavy action as a potential cash cow. Seems to be why FL and PA are soooo popular.

Paperwork mailed to Utah BCI from Honolulu, HI first week of June 2009. I enclosed a money order, so don't know when the payment posted. Utah CFP was issued on July 1, 2009 and received on July 7.

gf

Background Check

Hi:

Is the back ground check for the Quick check to purchase a fireman the same as a background check for a concealed weapons permit?

Thanks,
Terry

OK, got my Utah permit in the mail today!
Check was sent 5/26/09
Check cashed 6/18/09
issue date on permit 8/17/09
received in mail 8/24/09

Good luck to all with your permits!! :pleasantry:

Last edited:
Hi:

Is the back ground check for the Quick check to purchase a fireman the same as a background check for a concealed weapons permit?

Thanks,
Terry

That's part of the process. There are a few other databases used, as well as finger prints that are sent off to the FBI.

gf

Mine took 80 days from arrival at the unit to permit in my mail box, I thought it was going to be much worse.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back