Finally did its!

jabatam

I finally got off my ass and mailed in my application, with all supporting documentation, to the Florida Department of Agriculture for my non-resident Florida CCL! It was nearly a year ago when I took the required handgun safety course. I just haven't done anything with it because I live in Indiana and already have a lifetime Indiana handgun carry license. Now I play the waiting game...

Good for you.
What was your reasoning for getting one in Florida when you don't live there, might I ask?

It's allows you to carry in more states. I plan on getting my Utah permit, I can carry in 24 states with my resident MN permit. If I get a Utah non-resident permit combined with my MN permit I can carry in 33 states.

Good for you.
What was your reasoning for getting one in Florida when you don't live there, might I ask?

Allows me to carry in more states, the most important being Indiana's neighbor to the east...Ohio. My Indiana permit isn't reciprocated there but Florida's is

I live in Colorado and have a Florida out of state CCW.
I have family in states that Colorado permit does not have reciprocity with.

Do you travel to all those states?

Most of them no but you never know when I might get a wild hair up my ass and decide to take a road trip. No I mostly got it for those few times a year when I want to go to Cincinnatti because, like I said, Ohio doesn't reciprocate Indiana's license

I really wish we had national reciprocity. My parents live in NY, but given the stupidity of the firearm laws up there I can't even take my pistol into the state. That and I'd have to drive through Maryland which is also rather crappy when it comes to pistols.

This one here...Florida Non-Resident Permit | Defensive Handgun Training. It made for a really long day (3 hour drive there, 12 hour courses, and a 3 hour drive backs) but the guy knew his stuff
Thanks for the reply. That's a little out of my range from Oregon. :)
However, I was digging through their site and saw (again) that they accept ID card for current Military and DD214s for prior military. While I can't locate my DD 214, I did find one of my expired ID cards. I'll call them Monday and see if that will work. Hey, it don't hurt to ask. :)

Thanks for the reply. That's a little out of my range from Oregon. :)
However, I was digging through their site and saw (again) that they accept ID card for current Military and DD214s for prior military. While I can't locate my DD 214, I did find one of my expired ID cards. I'll call them Monday and see if that will work. Hey, it don't hurt to ask. :)

Yeah that's what the website says but I've been told that they don't. Either way, I found out after I took the course so I sent in both the course certificate and my DD-214

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back