Female carry issue

I would have your wife try a Crossbreed Supertuck. I own quite a few different holsters, and this has become my favorite. It is an IWB holster with a leather back and body guard and a cantable kydex front. I carry crossdraw with a G19 and it is extremely concealable. I don't have to wear really loose clothing, either. There have been times when I remove my firearm after we've been somewhere, and my husband had no idea that I was carrying. I also have a couple of IWB holsters made by a gentleman by the name of Bob Durbin in Dansville, NY that I use when I'm not using my SuperTuck. They are well-made, reinforced top, and made to fit your specific firearm. If you are interested, his number is 585-335-3832. Between my husband and myself, we have purchased about eight (8) of his holsters.

My wife has no body fat. Her slim figure made it hard to conceal in any type of holster. She found that a velcro belly-band allows her to carry a small/slim gun without printing (Ruger LC9, Kimber Solo 9mm).

I am female, and carry the cross breed mini tuck for the p32, or the supertuck for the 9mm. I have never had as great of comfort and conceal ability. You pay a little more for the crossbreed, but I promise it is worth it. You could buy several other holsters trying to get a good fit that is comfortable for everyday carry, or you could go straight for the one that works. Charli

On you just look up conceal carry holster there a girl on there that reviews many and goes thru different outs with different holsters she a few out but there a good watch.

My girl carrys one of her two 380's in her waste band with an in the pant belt clip leather hand made holster for one, and check out Sticky Holsters - Redefining Concealment for her Colt Pony. These holsters work!!! She has no body fat and is also not willing to change the way she dresses. She carries either a Kahr (breast cancer pink" 380, or her PONY. Can't see it and when someone sees the KAHR, they do think it is a cell phone or something ...and pink makes her happy!

I know a while back I remember seeing a purse that has a compartment in the middle for a firearm, and need not worry about someone just snatching it from you because the strap has a sort of steel cable in it to keep it from breaking. This is something to look into as it is not loose in the purse and the cable in the shoulder strap keep it from being yanked off. Another plus is the way the firearm is placed in the carry compartment if need be you can actually shoot through the opposite end of the purse.

Nathan, Yes, the cable keeps the purse from having the strap broken or cut, but as you can see in the video above, the woman was punched in the head from behind, knocked unconscious, and then her purse simply removed from her shoulder - something the cable would not have helped. Criminals are becoming more physical and finding ways to attack with force before the victim even knows they are present. This requires your weapon to be able to be drawn AFTER you recover from the attack and pick yourself up off the ground. A purse will fail at this almost every time.

That bra holster is a neat concept, the problem is the size pistol that it limits you to. My wife has a KelTec p32 but her main option is a Kahr cw40.
A purse is just too easy to have taken or get forgotten. If it can't be retained somewhere on your person it is that much easier to get disarmed. Although the major threat in our area is coyotes, bears and loose dogs and they aren't all that interested in stealing a purse unless you have a snickers and mountain dew hidden inside.
Thanks for the ideas so far, Keep the posts coming, there is some great info out there and you can never have too much knowledge.

If the bra holster gives her a carry option she is able to exercise every day in comfort, isn't that better to have a slightly smaller gun/caliber that she can carry every day than one she leaves at home most of the time? I like big guns and carry them in the winter, but I find a Taurus TCP is always riding shotgun in my back pocket in a Stoner Pocket Holster every day of the year. I prefer one, but the other carry method means I'm always armed, even when wearing shorts and a T-shirt. Consider it.

The following video shows why a woman's purse is not the best platform for concealed carry but could possibly be the worst. Granted, she was not aware of her surroundings at all and would not be able to use a firearm for defense even if it were carried on her body, but at least the attacker wouldn't have walked off with her firearm in addition to her money and ID. Stay alert, stay alive.

My sister was in a public restroom stall, with the purse hung over the coat hook and the coat hung over the purse on the same hook. Not only did the thief get the coat, but also the purse. She doesn't carry a gun, but if she did and if the gun was used in a crime, she's be partly liable. Purse carry is not a good idea.
IWB is still going to be better, even though you might need to compromise looking "sexy". Is it better to be alive or look "sexy"? It's unfortunately a compromise.

My wife uses a belly band with velcro retention. She has a small frame and generally can't conceal IWB or OWB. Holster purses should have a wire in the shoulder straps to prevent cutting it.

After reading several posts about the Crossbreed here and elsewhere, I went online and purchased one for my Ruger LC9. I haven't gotten it yet but I can tell you that the customer service is fantastic. I had made the purchase online and then had some questions. My email was responded to in the same day and was very helpful to me in making the right purchase (I had thought I should get a minituck for the small pistol, but was told the minituck is for waists 32-34", not related to the gun). And they have a 2 week trial period. I can't wait to get mine.

When I first started carrying it was hard. If I had to think about it, I wouldn't do it. I just talked myself out of it all the time. I finally decided that I needed to start carrying a bag. I'm not a purse-type of person, and frankly I hate packing luggage around. But, I realized that if I had a gun in my bag, and that's where it stayed, all the time, every day, unless I was practicing, that I could train myself to grab the bag every time I left the house. It's not the best way to carry, and now that I have done it for several months, I'm contemplating the idea of on-body. So, maybe the solution is to find something that works for right now, then, as she becomes more accustomed to the idea, she can alter her carry method.

Yes, Crossbreed Holster (Super Tuck, Mini-Tuck). The idea behind them is secure carry and you can wear your shirt/blouse tucked in or out. I'm not affiliated with them by any means but for your benefit to research them, here's a link to their website. Crossbreed Holsters > Home

Pancake holster

Multi-positionable. Easy to put on. Work to get off! Have tried many and many dollars later I am still with pancake. A lot of pieces/parts in range bag to trade and start conversations with! I want my gun ON me. I am new to site so will be looking forward to solutions! Thanks

Hi, I am new to this forum and have had my concealed carry for several months. I have read and read, all kinds of articles about all kinds of special clothes, handbags, holsters, inner wear, outer wear, underwear, bra holsters, etc etc.,and I admit I was really frustrated. I bought a crimson trace for my Taurus TCP 738 and that created a whole other problem finding a holster Currently Iam using a desantis IWB for my Taurus PT 709 slim and a pocket holster for the 738. I have a couple of vests I actually found at K mart that have inner pockets, and that works well for the 738. I now find myself dressing to the gun I am trying to conceal. I also bought leather belt. I find myself checking coats and jackets for inner pockets, or outer pockets that are deep enough for pocket carry. I choose to carry on my person rather than in a handbag.

I don't know what state you are in, but here is another thought: Open Carry (if allowed in your area). The way I normally dress, and full size gun CC is realy impractable for me. The only time I CC is when the amount of time outside/weather requires a jacket.

The reason we ladies have so much difficulty at times is because - let's face it - we are built differently than men; and it's a man's world. I have found - through much trial and error - that carrying crossdraw with an IWB holster suits me better than any thing else in my daily life. I have a fabulous holster maker in upstate New York from whom I have purchased seven or eight IWB holsters for myself and my husband. However, I have to say that my Crossbreed SuperTuck is my most favorite. I carry a Glock 19 most of the time. Occasionally, I carry my Taurus 709 Slim - which just happens to fit in the same holster - or my Springfield XD compact (in a holster made for it). I love my SuperTuck because I have worn it enough that it has molded to my body and is exceptionally comfortable to wear. As with everything else, I had to experiment with the location and the cant. Once I had it set, I have not changed it. I also do not worry too much about dressing for the gun I am carrying. I can even wear close-fitting hoodies without detection, so I'm good to go. Don't know if this helps any..... just throwing in my two cents.

Hi, .....Currently Iam using a desantis IWB for my Taurus PT 709 slim and a pocket holster for the 738. I have a couple of vests I actually found at K mart that have inner pockets, and that works well for the 738. I now find myself dressing to the gun I am trying to conceal. I also bought leather belt. I find myself checking coats and jackets for inner pockets, or outer pockets that are deep enough for pocket carry. I choose to carry on my person rather than in a handbag.

I've just started conceal carry so the holsters that I have bought for my S&W bodyguard .38 may not end up working for me but this is what I have so far: flashbang hoslster (http://flashbangholster.com/), the belly band holster (Belly Band Holster - The Original Bellyband - Concealment Holsters), a gun purse (Link Removed), maxtuck IWB (Link Removed

the gun purse is designed not to be cut. I don't use this all the time mostly for winter carry while outdoors wear it would be difficult to get to a holster under my clothes. I can have this purse open at the top with my hand resting on my revolver handle while walking through the parking lot. After getting to my destination I switch the gun to whatever my on body holster is for that outfit.

he maxtuck hoslter is very similar to the crossbreed. After doing some research and seeing this video (
) i decided on the maxtuck. The customer service is GREAT!

I'm also looking into "hip purses for the summer. the purse would be attached to my belt and stay on me all the time. basically it would be an updated feminized version of the awful fanny pack :)
Waist Purse, hip bag, waist pouch
Link Removed

These aren't made for a gun but with a pocket holster I think it would work

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back