Federal Agent Shot Outside Florida Post Office

festus

God Bless Our Troops!!!
This was on FoxNews! I hope they catch the clown!

Federal Agent Shot Outside Florida Post Office
Tuesday, August 05, 2008

E-Mail Print Share:

PEMBROKE PINES, Fla. — A federal agent was shot outside a Pembroke Pines post office Tuesday and authorities say the shooter is on the run.

The U.S. Customs and Border Protection special agent is in critical condition at Memorial Regional Hospital, police spokesman Brian Davis said.

The victim and another man got into some sort of fight Tuesday morning in the parking lot, according to reports. The elderly man then fired at least one shot, striking the victim.

The gunman then took off.

The victim, who was not identified, was reportedly with his daughter when the shooting occurred.

Police and paramedics have surrounded the building. Investigators are interviewing postal employees and customers in the parking lot.

The suspect is a white male, possibly hispanic, 45-55 years old with a full head of grey hair and wearing a green plaid short-sleeve shirt. They are also looking for a grey/green late model 4-door Chrysler.

The good news ... The guy is in custody and charged with first degree murder.

The bad news ... he was a legally carrying CCW permit holder.

Now there is a debate beginning (not in this article) that the agent waved him down and began the whole argument including supposed witnesses that said the agent "reached for his gun" which was still in the car, when the suspect drew and fired.

Could it have been self defense ???

Of course, running will not help his defense if he goes that route.

Link Removed

The good news ... The guy is in custody and charged with first degree murder.

The bad news ... he was a legally carrying CCW permit holder.

Now there is a debate beginning (not in this article) that the agent waved him down and began the whole argument including supposed witnesses that said the agent "reached for his gun" which was still in the car, when the suspect drew and fired.

Could it have been self defense ???

Of course, running will not help his defense if he goes that route.

Link Removed

That may be, but maybe he just panicked. Not saying I would have done it and certainly not condoning the actual act of running, but every once in a while people do panic, even when they really have no reason to.

We don't know all of the details, but you can't ignore the fact that this guy dyed his hair. That is not panic, that is planning.

We don't know all of the details, but you can't ignore the fact that this guy dyed his hair. That is not panic, that is planning.

Ah... excellent observation. I did react to it in reading the article but neglected to place it into its obvious position of relavance in the overall scheme ... could be the (excuse the pun) proverbial "smoking gun".

What is really interesting are the comments to this article on MiamHerald.com (Link Removed). There are a very high percentage that are upset at the level of effort put on finding the shooter because the dead man was a law officer, and the number of comments calling the actions of the agent into question for letting himself get drawn into such a confrontation and having his having his child with him when he was reportedly on duty.

There is a distinct flavor that people are upset that all the stops are pulled out when a LEO is killed but ordinary citizens don't receive the same level of effort. Now whether this is true or not is immaterial, people perceive it to be true and thats a problem.

The second significant area of comment is why this agent, reportedly a polygraph examiner not a field agent, allowed himself to get drawn into a road rage incident when he was reportedly on duty and had his daughter with him.

There are a small number of the usual suspects about why people can carry weapons, etc., but a surprisingly small number of those. Interesting set of comments.

Well he dyed it after the shooting so that was an attempt to hide. does not mean he was not in paniic mode. I am going to reserve any oppinions until I know more. Just because it was a federal agent does not prove one way or the other who started what. We will have to see what independent witnesses have to say.

Last edited:
Well he dyed it after the shooting so that was an attempt to hide. does not mean he was not in paniic mode. I am going to reserve any oppinions until I know more. Just because it was a federal agent does not prove one way or the other who started what. We will have to see what independent witnesses have to say.

No doubt there is more to the story then we are reading. A federal agent should no better than to be involved in a road rage incident, especially considering that he had his 12 yr old daughter with him.

On the other hand, you have a shooter who has a CWL and has been made aware of all the statutes related to defending oneself and using deadly force. Running, hiding, and dyeing ones hair is not consistent with this.

I am not taking either side, but just looking at it realistically with what we know right now.

No doubt there is more to the story then we are reading. A federal agent should no better than to be involved in a road rage incident, especially considering that he had his 12 yr old daughter with him.

On the other hand, you have a shooter who has a CWL and has been made aware of all the statutes related to defending oneself and using deadly force. Running, hiding, and dyeing ones hair is not consistent with this.

I am not taking either side, but just looking at it realistically with what we know right now.

Obviously they were ignored. It will be interesting to hear the rest, if infact we get to hear the rest.

He must not been a member of USACarry.com

I just think it's sad that the whole thing could have been avoided. Learn to keep your cool and you can avoid a lot of crap.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back