FBMG Tactical Carbine Course

FBMG Smithy

Gunsmith
I got to go to our carbine course this weekend. It was better than I thought it would be. Great drills. We all felt a bit humbled and came away with our share of stuff to work on. We also came away a lot more confident.
Link Removed

Nice! Is that pic in your avatar from your carbine course?

You gotta love shooting on the move, makin' "tank tracks" and strong and off hand shooting....

Did you do transition drills from carbine to sidearm etc? I'd love to hear more about your drills.

Nice! Is that pic in your avatar from your carbine course?

You gotta love shooting on the move, makin' "tank tracks" and strong and off hand shooting....

Did you do transition drills from carbine to sidearm etc? I'd love to hear more about your drills.

Yes to all of the above. That's me on the move. We did strong and off hand drills along with the transition drills. It was really a great course. Couldn't have asked for a better instructor. He's been developing and teaching this stuff since Vietnam. What more would you like to know about the drills?

Very cool. Sounds like great training - makes me want to bump a CCW course for a tactical carbine course!

Do you do team movement (pairs) training too, or focus on individual shooter drills?

I'm still developing movement drills, going from the ground up and from barricade to barricade, culminating with CQB and transition drills for my courses. The "course" isn't nearly as hard to run as finding the room and range that'll let me do all that high-speed stuff.

The pistol range I use for most of my handgun courses is a 25m range with limited room for a lot of movement to and from cover, and the public range nearby would be/could be perfect if I could move people from distance to distance - like "own" the range for the course.

What's your max distance you shoot with carbine training? (Not that you CAN shoot mind you, but for training purposes, what distances do you run?)

For tactical reasons we try to keep 25m to 50m. Most is done at the 25m so a transition can be thrown in. We have the use of an outdoor range so we have pretty free movement. Our multiple operator drills are mostly forward with appropriate communication. However our strong and off hand drills are all with constant movement with us at 5 sec intervals. This way there are always atleast 4 of us moving at one time. There will be more CQB in the course when we can get more baracades.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back