Favorite firearm related quotes.

I searched but couldn't find anything so...

Post your 1 (one) favorite firearms related quote, and give credit to the original if possible.

“One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that ‘violence begets violence.’ I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure—and in some cases I have—that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.”

- JEFF COOPER

i searched but couldn't find anything so...

Post your 1 (one) favorite firearms related quote, and give credit to the original if possible.

“one bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if i did not agree that ‘violence begets violence.’ i told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure—and in some cases i have—that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.”

- jeff cooper
Only One!?!?!?

...as to the species of exercise, i advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body, and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks...

--Thomas Jefferson

I like this one

“One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that ‘violence begets violence.’ I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure—and in some cases I have—that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.”

- JEFF COOPER

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose." -James Earl Jones

Try this

- JEFF COOPER

buckeyefirearms.org

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any bands of regular troops…" Noah Webster, "An Examination into the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution" (1787) in Pamphlets on the Constitution of the United States (P. Ford, 1888)

IF I only had one to choose from.. It would have to be:

"A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed."

The Constitution

"They cling to guns..." ---- B. Hussein Obama

"Damn straight and don't forget it" ----- JJFlash

(OK, so it's 2; rules are made to be broken)

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

...Robert A. Heinlein

"You tell 'em I'm coming, and Hell's coming with me!!" Wyatt Earp in Tombstone

We voting yet? Although there were many good ones so far, this one, IMHO, is currently the best. I would pay serious money to send this message to the Muslim-in-Chief as Ga9mm leads MILLIONS of gun-toting Patriots to D.C.!! (Hey, he posted it, he can lead the procession.) :biggrin:

Another true Wyatt Earp quote, from his days working for Wells Fargo. He carried two 45 Caliber revolvers and a shotgun while riding the train in the mail and payroll cars. He had refused the issued 36 caliber revolver. When asked why he carried the 45 instead of the issue gun, he replied :
"I've never used one of those smaller pistols, but I know this one works. If you shoot a man with the 45 and he doesn't go down, walk around behind him and see what he's propped up on".

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back