Favorite firearm related quotes.

Owning a gun doesn't make one a gunfighter any more that owning a Stradivarius violin makes one a concert violinist.
-- Colonel Jeff Cooper

I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty.
-- Clint Smith

I have a couple .... from a fictional detective and the other from a guy at the Insights Training Center in WA ...

'Neatness counts, but bullets often count more." Elvis Cole, World's Greatest Detective.

"It is a historical constant that the strong rule the weak, and any shade of liberty enjoyed by the weak is nothing more than the benevolence of the strong. You need guns because the world is full of the strong, and not all of them are benevolent." John Fogh

"The most dangerous person is the one with nothing to loose. Take my guns from me, and once I loose all that I have, my family, and my freedoom, you will see how dangerous I can be." " A gun does not make a man dangerous, a man makes a gun dangerous."

Folks...I love this one. I got this from a poster in USCCA who calls himself TravisAZ

"...if you find yourself explaining 7 messy holes in two dead guys, a DA may well ask in an accusing manner if you "shoot to kill". Practice that sincere look and say, "NO, SIR! I shot to live!!"

Last edited by a moderator:
49 posts and they are all good. Jim Mack's Safe places is very good, but there is one that I grin at every time I read it and we soooo used to seeing it, we most likely ignore most of the time..

Sorry GF but ~~~~ It's good too..
~
"A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!"

"When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation...and that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act." -- Marko Kloos

"When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation...and that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act." -- Marko Kloos
well said sir!!!:pleasantry:

Movie Favorite

Hi, Kids! I'm the new guy... and just had to post my favorite movie quote:
"When you have to shoot... shoot. Don't talk."
- Tuco (Eli Wallach) in "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly"

SHOOT BACK FIRST. - unknown

From We Were Soldiers:
Gibson: "Round trip by chopper one hour, that means the first 60 men on the ground will be there a half hour alone. Son of a bitch. Maybe you ought to get yourself an M-16."
Elliot: "Time comes I need one, sir, there'll be plenty of 'em lyin' on the ground."

SHOOT BACK FIRST. - unknown

From We Were Soldiers:
Gibson: "Round trip by chopper one hour, that means the first 60 men on the ground will be there a half hour alone. Son of a bitch. Maybe you ought to get yourself an M-16."
Elliot: "Time comes I need one, sir, there'll be plenty of 'em lyin' on the ground."

[edit] Just realized that could be taken differently than intended for those who aren't familar... Sam Elliot plays a hard-ass who swears by his 1911 and nothing else. They're planning on being dropped into hostle territory and Mel Gibson, Elliot's CO, recommends getting an M-16 - TO SUPPLIMENT HIS 1911

...and yes, "Tell 'em I'm comin' an' Hell's comin' with me!" IS a great one

The problem with shooting every son of a bitch in the world just because he's a son of a bitch is that it's so hard to know where to stop.

Donald Hamilton, in one of his excellent Matt Helm novels.

"Whoever said that the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

- General Douglas MacArthur

"If the enemy is in range, so are you."

- US Army Infantry Journal

I sig line someone on another forum uses that cracks me up every time;
"If you ever shoot me with a .22 and I find out, I will kick your ass"

I like this one

‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’
— Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774-1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764

I also enjoy a quote from Mr. Heston that went something like this:

"The doorway to freedom is framed in muskets"

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back