Favorite concealed carry pistol?

Im impressed with my Taurus pt111 g2. I really like the weight and size.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using USA Carry mobile app

Just an update to my post (#25) of last November. I happened into my, sorta, LGS back just before Xmas, looking for something better than the LC9 (having a tough time w/that trigger) and saw a XDs 9mm sitting on the shelf. Woohoo! Snagged that puppy in a heartbeat!
Been carrying it ever since, in either the Supertuck or in a new QuikClip. Now my XDs 45 should be back in my paws by end of next week!
Gonna be happy to have the choice of calibers again.

Been carrying a Shield 9mm for a while and it is a great carry gun. Just bought a G19 and I am very impressed with it. It may become my primary carry gun. I like the idea of having 31 rounds instead of 16, and I am more accurate with the Glock.

At present it depends on the weather and clothing worn as I OP 90% of the time but when its cold and I'm wearing heavy cloths and OP is not really possible I tend to carry some of the bigger stuff, when OP I carry a G-23 or 27, and when going out maybe the Kimber Ultra cdp ii, with a heavy jacket I carry one of the 1911s and if going to friends out in the boonies I bring along the 500 mag, I personaly would not have a problem OP the big Smith, as its a 4 in barrel and and carrys very well, but it would freak people out

Ive been carrying my Springfield XDs 45. Very happy with it....

Sent from my Android phone & USA carry app

Either a Hi Point C9 or a Hi Point .45. Whichever gun, a Blue Stone Safety Products Wolverine Belly Band (Tactical B343). The combo works well for me and I've never had a problem with either of the Hi Points.

Well, since my last post I was carrying the XDs .45 but in that time I have pick up the G19 and the 19 was my most carry and now I pick up a G30s so this is my most carry now. I think that my plan is to rotate between the three but which one get the most, well time will tell.

Being from Illinois . . . we are still waiting for completion of our applications to carry. I am considering the Ruger LC9 . . . maybe the LCP. Any thoughts or suggestions will be much appretiated

4 inch is the only length I've shot in XD except for a 1911 5 inch, longer is better for control & accuracy shorter for carry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Tapatalk

I shouldn't but I rotate between several pistols for conceal carry, the two thinnest and ones that I forget I am carrying are my 9mm shield or my XDs 45. With the standard grips all my carry guns are approximately the same height, S&W 9mm Shield, XDs 45, Ruger SR9C, CZ 2075 Rami 9mm and Glock 30S. The largest and still easy to carry is my Glock 19. Every once in a while I carry my Ruger SP-101 3 inch 357 revolver.

I mostly carry them in a Stoner IWB 415 style Holster. My favorite.

I shoot the SR9C and the little CZ 2075 the best but percentage wise carry the Shield mostly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using USA Carry mobile app

Being from Illinois . . . we are still waiting for completion of our applications to carry. I am considering the Ruger LC9 . . . maybe the LCP. Any thoughts or suggestions will be much appretiated
Monjorgan, I have an LC9 that I purchased as an interim CCW while my XDs45 was off for the recall fix. It is a nice small gun, shoots well, BUT! a horrendously looong trigger pull. If you are comfortable with a revolver or other DA trigger, go for it. If you want something with a shorter, crisper trigger, look for either a DA/SA or SA only semi-auto and carry with 'one in the pipe' (cocked and locked). Your choice then becomes what kind and how much safety you personally need/want.
I carry either of my XDs' (one 9mm one .45) and feel very comfortable with just the grip and trigger safeties. Others feel better with a thumb safety as well, and some guns demand such a safety (i.e.: 1911). More discussion on this topic is found elsewhere in the forums.
Get thee to a range where you can try out some options before you plunk down $$$. Not only to fire but also to see how the gun 'fits' your hand and build for carry.
Good luck, sometimes I miss Illinois (not often) and I have memories of learning to shoot there as a wee laddie in the city of Chicago. Several indoor handgun ranges in those days in the basements of some well-respected establishments :yes2: . I guess that dates me.

...Get thee to a range where you can try out some options before you plunk down $$$. Not only to fire but also to see how the gun 'fits' your hand and build for carry....
Could not agree more. What works well for one does not necessarily work well for another. Always try before you buy if that option is available to you. There are some truly outstanding firearms out there that just simply don't work well for some people. That isn't the fault of the firearms or the fault of the person. It's just that some guns don't match some people well. Browse the forums here and see what's popular and recommended, absolutely, but try not to base your purchase decision solely on the advice of others. Always, always, always try to fire a gun before you buy it. If you can't shoot the actual gun, try shooting a comparable one from the same manufacturer. Sometimes those options aren't available to a purchaser. They don't have the option to try before they buy. In those cases they have to trust the advice of others and hope it works out well for them, and fortunately it most often does. But if you have the opportunity to shoot possible gun candidates before buying them, you should never pass that up.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back