Fanny packs

PackingPastor

Anyone have one they'd recommend for a G21? I also have a Ruger LC9.

I think Tommy's gun packs are a good fanny pack but you do have to watch for the made in china knockoffs. The primary problem seems to be the distance the zipper stops are sewn. Too much distance and they seem to unzip. Too little and it hinders the draw. The made in China ones are not consistent. It's very important to practice drawing the gun if your left hand is otherwise engaged in any fanny pack. I've never met an instructor that liked any fanny pack but IHMO in the extreme heat of the summer they permit you to carry more gun that you might otherwise. I'm not fond of pocket pistols so although I have a couple smaller fanny packs I prefer the large size Tommy's.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Maxpedition VersiPacks are not technically "fanny" packs but I think they will do a better job of what you're after.

The best I've found are Tommy's Gun packs. They are expensive, but well designed, very durable and they work. I have three (for various sized guns) and have been using them for 10 years or so.

Link Removed

Fanny Packs

I studied and looked and being a large guy I had a problem with most concealed carry products.
I eventually settled on a fanny pack as it was the only TRUE way to avoid "printing" of my large
framed gun.
I even heard of a recent scene when a CCW person was "murdered" by a police officer even though
the CCW person did everything "by the book" (at least that is what was reported).
I carry a Ruger 9mm which is rather large by CCW standards and I have NEVER been questioned
about my fanny pack.
When I first got it, I wore it without the gun for a few weeks so that everyone would get used to
seeing my around wearing it. No one has ever even looked sideways at me wearing it and no one
has ever asked me why I wear a fanny pack. Now I carry concealed everywhere I go (except
federal facilities and schools and banks) but it isn't far in any situation.
Just know the laws for CCW in places that "post' no weapons to ensure that if necessary that you
can legally respond without fear of repercussions. By that I mean most signs are not "legal"
postings. There are "requirements" for legal postings...... Use your own judgement, but had I
been at that theater, maybe, just maybe there would have been fewer deaths by someone that
obviously didn't care about their "NO GUN policy.....

Well, if you carry concealed, a fanny pack is a dead giveaway that you have a weapon on you. You might as well carry it open. Use a good deep conceal holster instead. No one ill know you have it, and there is your edge.

Well, if you carry concealed, a fanny pack is a dead giveaway that you have a weapon on you. You might as well carry it open. Use a good deep conceal holster instead. No one ill know you have it, and there is your edge.

IMHO so what? I've met cops that didn't know what fanny packs were carrying. I have yet to have a hassle with a business in this the land of tourists that had a problem with a fanny pack and if you open carry you will be asked to leave really fast around here. Truthfully neither of us stands a real good chance with a gun in our faces so your so called edge is overrated unless of course you think you are Rambo. Good luck with that. Personally I look for better edges. Lastly if the bad guys know what's in my fanny pack they will likely go F___ with you first anyway :)

Maxpedition VersiPacks are not technically "fanny" packs but I think they will do a better job of what you're after.

I have three but dislike them for the carrying of the primary gun in the city. I use them to carry a backup, extra mags and other stuff in the field. 1. I can better protect the gun if it's in front of me. 2. One handed draw is a ***** with the Maxpedition on your back. 3. The buckle on a Tommy's is much faster and easier to grab than any zipper and that includes most other fanny packs.

A Fanny pack is a dead giveaway?? Lol

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Plus 10000000000000 for open carry.

Hey there PackingPastor,
I finally pulled out my receipt for my fanny pack!
It is a:
Fanny Pack 70R
PN: 569599||70RL (it is ambidextrous)
Price including S&H: $56.13

It is ALL leather (not faux leather) Well made with GOOD zippers that
are quiet and smooth operating. It has an interior holster and an area
for an extra clip..... I have a large capacity (16 Rd) clip an do NOT carry
an extra clip mostly due to weight concerns as my Ruger semi, is heavy
enough by itself fully loaded.....
I love it and will continue to use it and when and if it wears out, I WILL
definitely purchase another.....
Hope this helps.....

Sorry I forgot to tell you where i purchased the fanny pack MN: 70R
I purchased it from:

Secure Purse
5626 Bridger Peak CT
Sparks, NV 89436

Their email is:

[email protected]

Great unit..... check them out.

I like the little tommy gun that looks like a cell phone carrier. Since I am 65+ it looks like something I would wear to carry my cell phone and Bill fold, plus since I alway wear my shirt out most would never even notice it, super slim fit and only 6"x4". Fits my S&W 340 perfectly since it only weighs 13 OZ's don't even know it's there so it's easy to carry with 357 Mag stopping power.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back