Extra magazines?

gkeil961

Hello all, I carry a Glock 26 Gen 4, all say everyday, however I never put any thought into carrying extra magazines. How many of you that carry on a daily basis, carry an extra magazines, or two for that matter?

Just trying to get some opinions in this matter.

Thanks in advance!

There's a good poll/thread by Firefighterchen called something like "How many spare rounds?" Can't share the link from my phone, but its an informative thread.

I carried one to two (3 and two if you count the mag in the firearm.) Galco has a nice shoulder holster that allows you to carry three backup mags. Sometimes I would just leave them in the car, so I had them should I need them.

Always keep in mind that the main causes of malfunctions in Semi Auto weapons are; Magazines, Ejection/Extraction, Ammunition,and Lubication,not necessarly in that order (the Military acronym MEAL. The Quick cure is to eject the magazine and replace it with a spare.

I always carry at least 1 reload with whatever i am carrying. Not that i ever plan on ever getting into a gunfight. But when a malfunction might/will happen at the most inopportune moment. Some times it's is best to do a mag change, to clear the problem. If using my SP101, then i carry 2 reloads due to it only carrying 5 rounds.
Always pay heed to murphy's law.

Used to carry two spare along with one in colt combat commander, since discussion and flash mob reports, I now carry 4 8 round spare and one in weapon. 40 Rounds, heavy but with good belt and gear not a huge change.

I always carry at least 1 reload with whatever i am carrying. Not that i ever plan on ever getting into a gunfight. But when a malfunction might/will happen at the most inopportune moment. Some times it's is best to do a mag change, to clear the problem. If using my SP101, then i carry 2 reloads due to it only carrying 5 rounds.
Always pay heed to murphy's law.

He pretty much covered it for me. I don't trust ONE single magazine to function when my life depends on it, so I carry a spare. It doesn't matter what the capacity is, I carry a spare mag. When I carry a wheel gun, I carry at least 1 speedloader and normally 2. If it's winter (or what passes for winter in the Deep South) and I'm wearing a coat, I carry 3- only because the third speedloader in the off side coat pocket helps to balance out things since 2 speed loaders go in my strong side coat pocket and the truck keys go in the off side. The added weight also cuts down on the chances of a wind gust shoving my coat open and flashing the gun on my hip if it's warm enough not to have the coat snapped (I don't use zippers on a coat, I use the snaps on the storm flap for easier access) shut.

Used to carry two spare along with one in colt combat commander, since discussion and flash mob reports, I now carry 4 8 round spare and one in weapon. 40 Rounds, heavy but with good belt and gear not a huge change.

Galco has the QCL Quad Magazine Carrier(4 mags) for the Miami classic shoulder rig. I'm really thinking about getting that rig and the holster. Seems like it would be a great tool in a time that TSHTF, great way to be undercover yet heavily armed should you need it. 55(5 10+1 mags) rounds of 45 ACP should more then do the trick long enough for you to make it back home.

The nice thing about Glocks is the mags are generally interchangable in the same caliber. So while I carry a G23, I back it up with G22 mags. In a G26 you can carry G17 mags.

I have always carried two extra mags in for my Springfield XD 9, all three are concidered Hi-Cap. My BUG is a Walther PSS 9 with two extra mags. Never know what situation one may happen upon, wou;d rarher have more than not enough.

gkeil961:230113 said:
Hello all, I carry a Glock 26 Gen 4, all say everyday, however I never put any thought into carrying extra magazines. How many of you that carry on a daily basis, carry an extra magazines, or two for that matter?

Just trying to get some opinions in this matter. I

Thanks in advance!
I carry a Glock 27 and I carry one extra magazine. I hope I never have to use it be we are living in crazy times. Just need to be prepared!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back