Experience with moving...?

Teufel

Hoping someone on here may know the answer to my question.

I was a resident of Massachusetts and had a valid non-res CCW for Florida.

I recently got out of the Marine Corps and moved to North Carolina so changed my residency.

Is there a process in place where I can pay some sort of transfer fee to have a permit re-issued to me under my new address or would I have to go through the whole process again and apply as a new applicant?

I did update my address with them through their website, however the concern is in the event I had to produce my permit the address shown is no where close to my current drivers license address....

Again...just wondering if anyone has had experience with this prior to me having to call the FL dept of Agr and sit on hold for a while.

Thanks for the input!

Did you see this page?

The law does not require you to obtain a revised license after a change of address. You can continue to carry your current license until it expires; however, if you would like a revised license that does not include your residence address, please send us a written request along with a check or money order in the amount of $15.00 made payable to the Division of Licensing AND a passport-type color photograph.

if that's the case, what is the difference between the state resident and non resident licenses?

if that's the case, what is the difference between the state resident and non resident licenses?

You have to present your state issued DL or ID with the FL CWL. At least one of these will have your current address. If it's not a FL address, you are holding a Non-res FL CWL

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back