exelent leo encounter

bellyfat

in n.c. we have drivers license check points. i went thru one last night.
we also have; must notify laws for cc. i turned the dome light on, both hands on the wheel, stated that i had a cc and a gun.
the leo simply said, thats ok dont worry about it i just need to see your drivers license. go ahead and get your bilfold out.
after showing my drivers license....have a good evening sir.
my county is very active in busting drug dealers and drunk drivers. our sheriff is former d.e.a....15 years.

Thanks for sharing. We usually hear only about bad encounters. I suspect that most actually are similar to this, especially when you give them no cause for concern.

even still i'm not keen on this whole idea of checkpoints and fishing expeditions by 'law enforcement' it so goes against our right as private citizens to go about our business unmolested by the law esp when we are not breaking any laws in the first place

:wacko:About two weeks ago the wife and I stopped in Sikeston, MO, on our way to St. Louis. While transiting town, the wife reminded me that we had to stop by the bank for a little extra cash. From the right lane of traffic, I saw a branch of our bank about one block ahead. I turned on my left turn signal (in moderate traffic), and saw that the vehicle behind me slowed a bit, opening a gap so I could move over. I moved into the left lane and about 100 yards further continued to the left to enter the bank parking lot. I was pulled over by the vehicle that let me in (a police Sgt in a marked patrol vehicle). Upon reachig my window, I already had my license and CCW permit in hand, and I informed him that I was armed. He asked where the weapon was, and I replied that it was on my belt at 4 o'clock. His next question was "what brings you to town." I told him we were enroute to St. Louis. He then asked what was my business in Sikeston. I informed him that we had some banking to do. He said that I had cut him off in traffic and asked that I stand by while he checked out my credentials. He went back and got on the radio. Almost instantly, another squad pulled up and took a position to my right rear, and was observing the scene. At about that time I mentioned to the wife that it was "REALLY SMART to tell a cop that you are carrying and your business in town was to do some banking. ;>) The Sgt returned and released me with a warning about proper lane change, and I couldn't help laughing as we pulled away and proceeded to the drive-thru at the bank. Pleasant experience, but I question why the Sgt didn't pursue the banking question further. Good encounter all around, though.:haha:

I am sure glad the Constitution of the State of Washington prohibits law enforcement from detaining anyone when there is no reasonable suspicion of committing a crime.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - [SIZE=-1]BENJAMIN FRANKLIN,[/SIZE] Pennsylvania Assembly: Reply to the Governor, November 11, 1755

I have to agree with Ben.

Yeah, most of them are there to do a job. It takes a special type of cop to put-up with mouthy perps. Cops have seen all manner of insanity with degenerate subculture types, and I'd imagine they have a sigh of relief when a stop goes well. I have two acquaintances who are cops, one state, one local, and they are outgoing, funny guys. Normal human beings by any standards. Fortunately, I've never met one on a power-trip, and hope not to, on the road, as my wife says my mouth and smart-ass comments in that situation would work against me.

Although when I've been stopped (rarely), LEOs seem very stand-offish, and with good reason. They don't want to end-up dead.

I watch Bad Boys, and Cops, and the funniest thing I've seen is a stop where the driver yells and screams about the ticket, tears it up, throws it out, and the LEO tells him to step out of the vehicle and pick-up the pieces, or he will be cited for littering. The guy is still shaking and yelling loudly, picks up the pieces, and peels off into the sunset. The LEO watched as the vehicle was tear-assing away and said, "have a nice day". All caught on the dash-cam. Brought me to tears!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back