Evacuation/Bug Out Document Notebook

mom of 3 angels

I'll be meeting with my "preparation get-together" ladies next week and wanted to give them a homework assignment to gather copies of important documents into a notebook to take with them if they have to evacuate (I also need to do this, hence the assignment). So my question to you all is what documents do you want copies of if you have to leave your house for whatever reason (fire/flood/teotwawki/etc.). They'd of course be more useful in a short term event, but anyway, here's what I've started with:

Birth Certificate
SS Card
Driver's license
Vehicle titles
Marriage License
Insurance policies--health, house, life, car
Bank account information (loans/credit cards also?)
Medical information (what kind?)

What else? And while we're at it, you can have it as your homework assignment also! :biggrin:

If you own any stocks, bonds, or mutual funds, you might want to include information on those in this notebook of yours. Also, information on any debt you owe (ie., mortgage, car, or student loans, for instance) might come in handy as well.

Titles to anything you own. Birth certificates. These are a couple things that come to mind.

Pictures and Inventory

A video or still picture set of the entire house. For insurance and reminder of what you have.
List of firearms and serial numbers.

I keep a DVD and CD of this stored off site at the kids house's just in case i should lose everything.
Years ago my bother in law had his house burn to the ground and they had a hard time remembering
everything that was in the house. AND proving it to the insurance company.

I'll be meeting with my "preparation get-together" ladies next week and wanted to give them a homework assignment to gather copies of important documents into a notebook to take with them if they have to evacuate (I also need to do this, hence the assignment). So my question to you all is what documents do you want copies of if you have to leave your house for whatever reason (fire/flood/teotwawki/etc.). They'd of course be more useful in a short term event, but anyway, here's what I've started with:

Birth Certificate
SS Card
Driver's license
Vehicle titles
Marriage License

What else? And while we're at it, you can have it as your homework assignment also! :biggrin:

Medical info should include complete list of all prescription Meds

Between your list and the other posts I would say that is a good list. The only other thing that I can think of is your passport. Even if you are not going to cross any borders, it is an official federal ID.

Originally Posted by mom of 3 angels Link Removed

Birth Certificate
SS Card
Driver's license
Vehicle titles
Marriage License

Your Utah carry permit, your Kalifornia carry permit, your Oregon carry permit, your Idaho carry permit, and on and on and on as needed.

Passports are the most important!

+1 to RDW for the passport suggestion. I would take it even one step further. If you don't have a passport, get one regardless of travel plans. If you do have a passport, renew it before you drop below 6 months. A passport with less than 6 months validity is almost like not having a passport at all. Your passport is kind of one-stop-shopping as far as identification goes. One thing to keep in mind: Buy yourself an RFID blocking carry case at AAA, because all the new passports are chipped "for your safety". :rolleyes:

all these are good...

i would also include photographs and some sentimental stuff. letters from grandma and so forth.

School records for all family members. Last will and testament. Deeds, titles, and declarations for the homestead so you can prove it's yours if/when you return. Scanned copy of wedding photo. Scanned copy of fingerprints of all family members.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back