Enhanced Concealed Carry Permit

sdprof

Well, the legislators passed a bill creating an enhanced permit - $100 fee, fingerprints, more extensive background check (?), and a training requirement.

Big whoop?

It does not allow you to carry anywhere you can't carry with the current permit, so it does not enhance your status in the state.

It probably will open the road to reciprocity with a few other states, especially some neighboring ones. That may be of benefit to those in the border areas or that travel more.

Still, I don't see it doing anything for me that my $60 Arizona permit doesn't do.

Link Removed

Hell, we already get raped on fees here in AR. Your "enhanced" permit sounds like our "plain" permit. The Arkansas State Police are the issuing branch for concealed carry in this state. Wish it was different, but everyone has a finger in the CC pie in this state.

Well, the legislators passed a bill creating an enhanced permit - $100 fee, fingerprints, more extensive background check (?), and a training requirement.

Big whoop?

It does not allow you to carry anywhere you can't carry with the current permit, so it does not enhance your status in the state.

It probably will open the road to reciprocity with a few other states, especially some neighboring ones. That may be of benefit to those in the border areas or that travel more.

Still, I don't see it doing anything for me that my $60 Arizona permit doesn't do.

Link Removed
The goal is to win reciprocity with more states. Also, the other side of this movment they haven't published yet is that SD will pass Constitutional Carry. They have to get this enhanced permit running first.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back